Off to the Denver District Office

Old Jun 20th 2001, 9:42 am
scott patton

If all goes well at the Civil Surgeon, my wife and I will head off to the Denver
District Office at about 5:00 am Thursday morning.

I have reviewed all of the forms (I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325A) at
least 2000 times. I have made lists of everythign I will need for each form. I have
checked, re-checked and re-checked my re-checks. I have money orders, copies of
everything, originals, translations, and much much more.

Now, I know I get there, stand in line, get a number and wait... but what happens
when they call the number? Do we just hand over the forms? Will there be a review
of the forms? I am told denver issues EAD's same day. Will we have to wait a long
time for that?

Just looking for some ideas as to what happens the day you submit the forms.

Thanks,

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track
Racing Web Services

Old Jun 20th 2001, 6:48 pm
jkhd

We were at the Denver office just last Thursday to renew the hubby's EAD and Advance
Parole. There weren't nearly as many people there that day as when we originally
filed all our paperwork in June 2000. After calling your number, the INS official
will sort through and separate all your paperwork, hole-punch documents (if
necessary) and put everything into a file folder. If you've forgotten anything,
they'll let you know. Also, payments will be processed and you'll receive a receipt
showing your A#. EADs are processed the same day -- expect a 30 minute wait (if even
that). If approved, your advance parole document should arrive in a week or so. The
expected wait time for an interview is 24 months. All in all, it's very easy, and
people in the Denver office are quite kind and helpful. Good luck to you.

jkhd2000

[email protected] (scott patton)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 20th 2001, 6:48 pm
cmagill

They give you a number depending on what you are their for. Then you will go to the
window that your number shows up for. There are 4 or 5 windows. One for EAD's only
one for AOS filing and one for questions about your previously filed applications.
You will go to the AOS window when called they will go through your paperwork
verifying that you have what you need and have signed evrything as needed. They will
then tell you to take a seat and wait to be called for you EAD. It can take a n hour
or more depending where youy are in the line -up for the EAD. They will take several
of the people at a time to the back to get the EAD picture, and fingerprinting done.
That will take about 15 Min. Then you will be all done.

Jill (Filed in Denver and had my EAD renewed there last month)

>
    >
    >
    >
(I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325A)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >