Obtaining a copy i-877

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Fyreheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining a copy i-877

Hi All,

Whilst surfing around the web in search of information I happened upon your very informative forum. I wondered whether any of you would know how I could obtain a copy of the i-877 form I would've been given back in 2001 when I was denied entry to the US for a previous overstay on the VWP.

I've put in a request with the CBP, but as yet they haven't replied. I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do?

Many thanks in advanced.
Fyre
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining a copy i-877

Originally Posted by Fyreheart
I wondered whether any of you would know how I could obtain a copy of the i-877 form I would've been given back in 2001 when I was denied entry to the US for a previous overstay on the VWP.
No idea... sorry.

I've got to ask... why would you need this information? You know you were denied entry (which, btw, is likely not a formal removal) and you probably know that you can never use the VWP again. You'll need a B-2 visa if you want to visit the US... so why not just apply for a B-2 visa?

Ian
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've got to ask... why would you need this information?
Hi Ian,

I've been informed by the US Embassy that I will need a copy of the I-877 form for when I attend an interview for the B-2 visa. They directed me to the CBP website, and recommended I obtain a copy before attempting to schedule an interview.

Sadly though the CBP website doesn't offer any info on how to obtain a copy and so far my communication with them has gone unanswered.

But thank you for your reply

Cheers
Fyre
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:18 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Did you lose the I-877 sworn statement they gave you?

The files are stored by USCIS, not CBP.

Do you know your alien file number? They likely wrote it in your passport.

Check out this link for getting information from alien files:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

I'm sure one of the resident immigration lawyers will be very familiar with retrieving contents from the files. Maybe they will add their insight.

Last edited by crg; Nov 3rd 2009 at 2:21 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
Did you lose the I-877 they gave you?
Yes I wasn't aware at the time that I would need to keep it, so obviously discarded it at some point.

Originally Posted by crg
Do you know your alien file number?
Yes they did write it in my passport. And many thanks for the link I will go have a read now.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Just in case anyone else should search this forum looking for the same information I was. I just wanted to post up that I have since had a reply from the CBP who have advised I need to send my FOIA request to the following address..

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW,
Attn: Mint Annex Building, FOIA Division
Washington, D.C. 20229
USA

I was also advised that any such request should include the following information...

Be sure to include in your request the approximate time frame of your denial, your full name and date of birth, passport number and alien number. You must sign the request for information in ink. Unsigned requests will be rejected. No payment is required up front.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:58 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try to skip the middleman and send it direct to the Lee's Summit address.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

greens1958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
You could also try to skip the middleman and send it direct to the Lee's Summit address.
Having sent mine to DC, Lee's Summit is the only place that will deal with it!