Oath - Dallas/Lubbock, TX

Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:28 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

dsr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pcm
No idea about the emergency oath but I was also interviewed at the Dallas office in Feb. and then took the oath in July.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oath - Dallas/Lubbock, TX

I had guessed, when you said you needed an emergency oath to travel, that your green card had expired and you were waiting for citizenship rather than filing for another green card.

As you have a non-expired green card, you just travel on that until you get your citizenship. Are you planning to leave the US for more than a few weeks? While you are gone, you just have someone check your mail for you.

Originally posted by dsr
I guess I missed something about this temporary stamp. My green card is valid for the next few years. Just waiting for the oath. Should I travel just like regular green card holder? What is I-551?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:46 am
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jaytee
I had guessed, when you said you needed an emergency oath to travel, that your green card had expired and you were waiting for citizenship rather than filing for another green card.

As you have a non-expired green card, you just travel on that until you get your citizenship. Are you planning to leave the US for more than a few weeks? While you are gone, you just have someone check your mail for you.
Thank you for the reply. Will be leaving for less than six months (flexible); who knows may be 4-5 months. Does it go against me?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

shaky1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dsr
Thank you for the reply. Will be leaving for less than six months (flexible); who knows may be 4-5 months. Does it go against me?

Hey DSR

I am in same boat. i was interviewed in first week of july 2003 and no signs of oath letter....

in ur posts u mentioned about oath in courthouse.

OK can u post if u have requested name change in ur application?
because if u have name change in application U will only be taking ur oath in courthouse. instead of INS ceremony.

one thing i know is name change applicants take their oath in courthouse infront of federal judge who has to first grant ur name change and next grant ur citizenship.

i have name change in my application. one of my friend who also had name change in his application had to take his oath in cadman plaza brooklyn courthouse. and other friend who did not have name change went to INS administered ceremony in jamaica.

Plus INS examiner also mentioned to me about taking oath in court and that it might take longer then 6 months for my oath because oath ceremonies in couthhouse are limited. they have to gather name change applicants before ceremony can take place.
OR there are many applicants waiting to be scheduled for courthouse oath that u are way back in line.

I went to INS office to inquire about my case and INS officer told me to wait atleat 9 months for oath in my case.

its been 4 months i been checking my mail box. and i dont know for how long........

plz post if u had name change and if interview officer told u about oath time frame
and also plz post what kind of interview result u had on the form which they gave u after ur interview.

mine says

Your application for naturalization is reccomended for approval and i pass the test.

Thanx
shaky.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dsr
No. It has nothing to do with the process as long as you do not violate the terms of your permanent residency. You need to spend the majority of your time in the US unless you have prior permission (waiver) to be out of the country for longer.

Call the BCIS and get their instructions.

Last edited by jaytee; Oct 26th 2003 at 9:18 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:38 am
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by shaky1977
Hey DSR

I am in same boat. i was interviewed in first week of july 2003 and no signs of oath letter....

in ur posts u mentioned about oath in courthouse.

OK can u post if u have requested name change in ur application?
because if u have name change in application U will only be taking ur oath in courthouse. instead of INS ceremony.

one thing i know is name change applicants take their oath in courthouse infront of federal judge who has to first grant ur name change and next grant ur citizenship.

i have name change in my application. one of my friend who also had name change in his application had to take his oath in cadman plaza brooklyn courthouse. and other friend who did not have name change went to INS administered ceremony in jamaica.

Plus INS examiner also mentioned to me about taking oath in court and that it might take longer then 6 months for my oath because oath ceremonies in couthhouse are limited. they have to gather name change applicants before ceremony can take place.
OR there are many applicants waiting to be scheduled for courthouse oath that u are way back in line.

I went to INS office to inquire about my case and INS officer told me to wait atleat 9 months for oath in my case.

its been 4 months i been checking my mail box. and i dont know for how long........

plz post if u had name change and if interview officer told u about oath time frame
and also plz post what kind of interview result u had on the form which they gave u after ur interview.

mine says

Your application for naturalization is reccomended for approval and i pass the test.

Thanx
shaky.
Thank you for the response. No the name was not changed and the results reads the same as yours. Tell me, if you know, what is an "administerative oath"? I guess your case is being processed in NY?
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:41 am
dsr
Forum Regular

No. It has nothing to do with the process as long as you do not violate the terms of your permanent residency. You need to spend the majority of your time in the US unless you have prior permission (waiver) to be out of the country for longer.

Call the BCIS and get their instructions.
Thanks so as far as the trip is of less than six months (outside of the U.S.A.) I do not have to get any permission and there is no problem; the usual green card condition/rule?
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:03 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pcm
No idea about the emergency oath but I was also interviewed at the Dallas office in Feb. and then took the oath in July.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dsr
Thanks so as far as the trip is of less than six months (outside of the U.S.A.) I do not have to get any permission and there is no problem; the usual green card condition/rule?
It should not matter, however 5 months is a long time and you could conceivably get questioned to show your ties to the US on re-entry. I don't know because, in the 20 years I was here as a permanent resident, I was never out of the country for more than 2 weeks at a time and trips were few and far between.

If I were going to make this trip, I would call the BCIS customer service center (NCSC) at the 1-800 number so I can hear it from them that I could be out for 5 months as an LPR with a pending n-400. You should also explain when your last trip was and for how long just to make sure you don't rack up too much time outside of the US. I would want to hear it from them directly what their instructions are. This would give me peace of mind about making the trip. http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/services/NCSC.htm

The NCSC gives customers throughout the country another way to get consistent, accurate information and assistance on immigration services and benefits. We know that service by phone may be more convenient than having to write and wait for a reply, or having to take time off from work to go to the nearest Immigration office.

Numbers to Call

You can call the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) toll-free for automated information and live assistance concerning immigration services and benefits within the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you are outside these areas, please contact the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Our number is: 1 (800) 375-5283
Our TTY number is: 1 (800) 767-1833

Live assistance is available Monday through Friday as follows:

Customers calling from Alaska: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from Hawaii: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from anywhere else in the United States: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM local time.
In Guam, live assistance is available Tuesday through Saturday, 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM local time.

The best times to call the NCSC for personal assistance are Tuesday through Friday.

Last edited by jaytee; Oct 28th 2003 at 6:56 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:29 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

It should not matter, however 5 months is a long time and you could conceivably get questioned to show your ties to the US on re-entry. I don't know because, in the 20 years I was here as a permanent resident, I was never out of the country for more than 2 weeks at a time and trips were few and far between.

If I were going to make this trip, I would call the BCIS customer service center (NCSC) at the 1-800 number so I can hear it from them that I could be out for 5 months as an LPR with a pending n-400. You should also explain when your last trip was and for how long just to make sure you don't rack up too much time outside of the US. I would want to hear it from them directly what their instructions are. This would give me peace of mind about making the trip. http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/services/NCSC.htm

The NCSC gives customers throughout the country another way to get consistent, accurate information and assistance on immigration services and benefits. We know that service by phone may be more convenient than having to write and wait for a reply, or having to take time off from work to go to the nearest Immigration office.

Numbers to Call

You can call the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) toll-free for automated information and live assistance concerning immigration services and benefits within the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you are outside these areas, please contact the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Our number is: 1 (800) 375-5283
Our TTY number is: 1 (800) 767-1833

Live assistance is available Monday through Friday as follows:

Customers calling from Alaska: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from Hawaii: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM local time;
Customers calling from anywhere else in the United States: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM local time.
In Guam, live assistance is available Tuesday through Saturday, 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM local time.

The best times to call the NCSC for personal assistance are Tuesday through Friday.
Thank you for the response.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:18 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:42 am
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dsr
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:50 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dsr
Background: Was interviewed in June 2003 for naturalization but to date have not received the oath date. I was interviewed at Dallas, TX and supposedly the oath is to take place at Lubbock.

1) Does anyone knows how long the wait is?

2) Someone might also tell me that if it delays the process of oath if someone changes the address but within the same INS District Office (in fact the same city)?

3) With this much delayed oath what should I do to expedite it, any advice?

4) Does Dallas office has a phone number to contact them? What is the best way to contact them?

5) Is it correct that between the interview and the oath you can travel outside of the U.S.A. as long as your trip is of less than six months --- the usual rule for green card?

6) Does anyone know what questions are asked on the form on the day of the oath?

7) Does anyone know the fax number of Dallas District Office where I can send the request to update the status?
Thank you for the input everybody. Anymore responses with the specific questions will be appreciated.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 4:24 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dsr
Thank you for the input everybody. Anymore responses with the specific questions will be appreciated.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 5:26 pm
dsr
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dsr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.