Oath Ceremony

Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oath Ceremony

How long does the ceremony usually last? I understand that the certificate of naturalization is given at the end of the ceremony, but what else happens in general before that? Just wondering what I should expect tomorrow. Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oath Ceremony

Originally Posted by khai ko
How long does the ceremony usually last? I understand that the certificate of naturalization is given at the end of the ceremony, but what else happens in general before that? Just wondering what I should expect tomorrow. Thanks
Prior to the ceremony, you'll be asked to complete the back of the form you received in the mail, and you'll be asked to surrender your green card. From start to finish, the whole thing will take an hour or so... maybe two depending on how many people are being naturalized and how long-winded the judge is. At some point, you'll be asked to recite the oath of allegiance... and you'll get your certificate at the end of the ceremony. This is the end of the process... go and enjoy yourself.

Ian