Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

O1B Visa Administrative Processing

O1B Visa Administrative Processing

Old Aug 10th 2017, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Gai32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O1B Visa Administrative Processing

Hi there,

So I have gone through the whole process of attaining an O1B Visa for my work in Photography. I was approved in the petition phase of the process and had my interview at the London Embassy on the 10th of July.

The interview wasn't as smooth as one would like. My interviewer proceeded with very aggressive questioning and suggested how so many brits are trying to get into the USA illegally. It was tough but I focused on being polite and honest to every question as you should. It concluded with them stating that they wanted to look into my O1 petition further. They took everything I had with me including my passport and said I would hear back from them in the week. I also got the impression that they were missing the petition information on their system - my lawyer stated that the petition office forwards the duplicate copies onto the embassy, but maybe there was a problem with this?

This was now over 4 weeks ago, and on the CEAC page it was last updated on the 12th July.

I understand that Administrative Processing can take a varying amount of time, and have read other examples on here. However most of those who had their passports taken in during the process found out a week or 2 after the interview. Is it normal for them to take my passport for this long without any idea as to what they are checking? My immigration lawyer has tried to establish contact with them, and was hopeful of a response, but so far they haven't responded.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O1B Visa Administrative Processing

It might not be "normal", but it is what it is. There's nothing you can do but what you're doing.

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:45 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O1B Visa Administrative Processing

and suggested how so many brits are trying to get into the USA illegally.
By legally applying for and obtaining a visa??!!

Sounds like the ConOff was just having a bad day. Although there is a slim possibility that they might have sent the original petition back to USCIS to be re-adjudicated, if they feel that it is lacking in some way.