Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

O/T: Does the obsession ever stop? Hee hee!!!

O/T: Does the obsession ever stop? Hee hee!!!

Old Dec 6th 2002, 8:45 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O/T: Does the obsession ever stop? Hee hee!!!

Anyone who's going through this process knows what I mean!!!

For the last 2 and a half months, I had a ritual. I'd get up in the morning, check the online status, go to work. Then I'd come home, check the online status, and wait for Corey to come home. Then I'd get ready for bed, and check the online status before bed.

We got our approval on the 4th, but now I have a new thing that will also turn into a ritual!!! I'll get home from work, and check the post to see if packet 4 has come, and then I'll check my email inbox to see if I've been given a date by the embassy........Lordy!!!!!

It gives you a very one-track mind, all this uncertainty!!! I know it'll happen soon, though, so for that much, I can be very thankful. Good ol' London!!!

Kate.xxxxxxx
Old Dec 6th 2002, 8:51 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! I dont think it ever stops! I myself went nuts checking the online site before, and currently, getting all the stuff together to return for the RFE we recently received. But going nuts is normal for me right now hehe...until we are approved. Then I can go bananas waiting for Romeo to get his visa!

Congrats again

Juliet
Old Dec 6th 2002, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

I agree with you...LOL...Its driving me crazy but I do the same every day....I keep thinking it must get easier once were approved...LOL
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:36 pm

Originally posted by sal_whit
I agree with you...LOL...Its driving me crazy but I do the same every day....I keep thinking it must get easier once were approved...LOL
It does, believe me!!! Like a ten tonne weight lifted off your shoulders!!!
Good luck!!!
Kate. xxxx
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am even worse! I keep checking this board about every hour to see if there is some new insightful thing to learn. This busy work has the psychological effect of making me feel like I am an active participant in a process that is actually now out of my control. :-)
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

A good insight Bobsy, we are all busy fools, as they say. I am still obsessively checking this board altho I now have my air ticket for 17 december (Hooray.........hats in the air). I console myself with the thought that I want to see how, kate, hmilller, daisy. loveabrit and others are getting on; but although thats true, it is still a ritual.

Even more OT, I am not sure that anyone who hasnt been through it understands the pressures of a long distance relationship with a few snatched weeks together. Julie's time zone is 6 hours behind the UK. So every day of the week more or less, I wake her at 6 am her time, spend an hour with her before she goes to work, and then wait up till midnight UK time till she comes home. If I hadnt taken early retirement, the midnight call would have been the only one possible. And this has been going on for over 2 years. And I know that this is pretty typical. Only when this is taken into account can people begin to understand why a certain amount of emotional outpouring is inevitable here. But I have to say, it is SO worth it in the end!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2002, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Committment to a long distance relationship

I am the "Julie" that my darling Brit just spoke of....I can say the ONLY people who understand what the stress, time committment and dedication to a "long distance relationship needing INS approval" are the ones in the same lifeboat as you!

When Andy and I received our London approval yesterday, people at work MARVELED at the idea it had been slightly over a year since the process had started. They only have a BIT of the pic, though, didnt they? The extremely early and late hours, the tons of email and IM, the numerous 5,000 mile flights back and forth, the holidays and birthdays apart, not to mention the phone bills THAT is only a small a part of the investment we UK& US couples have put in making their bonds something no "outsider" could possibly comprehend.
I have heard it said that "it takes a strong foundation to build a good house" ...how more solid of a home could the majority of us hope for?

It always makes me smile when I see an "approval" of any type to anyone. To check the progress of the people I follow the closest. To read the advice and down to earth suggestions of people like Rete, Scarlett Garrett and that Pagan Sex God with the gift of gab, Patrick. So I will continue with my nightly checks and always keep my fingers crossed, hoping the someone on the forum will have a bit of good news, so I can smile for them.

Good Luck to all of you! Congrats for all the small and large victories!
Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:08 am

Default Juliet..........

Hi Juliet,

Just noticed something.....could it be that the lovely ladies in our avatars are wearing the same frock??? Great minds think alike!!!
Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Dec 7th 2002, 4:23 pm
Ronald Austin

Default Re: O/T: Does the obsession ever stop? Hee hee!!!

LOL!! I'm happy to learn there are others that check the NG compulsively! I
now understand the obsessive/compulsive nature that is oft-times displayed
on the NG - I check TSC for status update even though NOA1 was only Nov 20!
Ron

"bobzy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am even worse! I keep checking this board about every hour to see if
    > there is some new insightful thing to learn. This busy work has the
    > psychological effect of making me feel like I am an active participant
    > in a process that is actually now out of my control. :-)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 7th 2002, 5:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Kate, for you? No. the obsession will never stop. Get use to it, Kate. You have at least 3 if not 4 more years of it to go. Remember there is the POE, SSN, EAD, AOS filing and interview, Removal of Conditions and then if you desire, naturalization ;-)

Rete
Old Dec 7th 2002, 5:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Committment to a long distance relationship

Andy and Julie

Please don't leave us just because you get married. The NG can use all the good people it can get to help answer questions and refer people to the right sites for helpful information.

The process you guys just completed is only the first street in a long journey on what Jim and I dubbed the yellow brick road in '98. It helps to know there are others to help you read the map. We would never had been as successful as we were with the help of Alvena and Mjones and Nigel Reed to name a few. They were always there to lend a hand and share a joke to lighten the mood. Thanks you guys.

Rete
Old Dec 7th 2002, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

DITTO....

I am so obsessed!! The obsession never ends....

And to think that after my husband gets here on the K3, we are going to start the AOS process.

Claudia
Old Dec 7th 2002, 6:30 pm

Originally posted by Rete
Kate, for you? No. the obsession will never stop. Get use to it, Kate. You have at least 3 if not 4 more years of it to go. Remember there is the POE, SSN, EAD, AOS filing and interview, Removal of Conditions and then if you desire, naturalization ;-)

Rete
Oo-er!!!!!! I just came to Earth with a very loud awakening!!!! Only kiddin!!!
I know this won't stop for a long time, but at least after the interview, I'll be with Corey, so I can give him my full attention!!!
Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Dec 7th 2002 at 6:33 pm.