Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC AOS while in removal proceedings happy ending story….

NYC AOS while in removal proceedings happy ending story….

Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

di_mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NYC AOS while in removal proceedings happy ending story….

Hello, I’ve been a silent visitor for about half a year and I’m happy to finally be able to tell my story. For anyone who might be in the same situation I was, I hope my experience will help you through your own journey towards legal status.

Here is my timeline while under removal proceedings since 1997. I had been out of status with an expired B-1/B-2 visa.

Feb 1999�married to my then LPR boyfriend
Mar 1999�filed I-130 (for me) & N-400 (for my husband) at VSC
Sep 1999�husband has appt for fingerprinting but was turned away due to overcrowding at the Support Center
Nov 1999�master hearing; atty advised IJ of husband’s pending N-400; IJ set another master hearing for Nov 2000
Dec 1999�husband had 2nd fingerprinting appt
Apr 2000�rec’d notice from INS to “prepare� for N-400 interview
Nov 2000�N-400 interview appt at Garden City, LI; at court hearing, atty informed judge of my husband’s almost completed N-400 process; IJ scheduled another hearing for Mar 2001
Dec 2000�Hubby became a U.S citizen
Mar 2001�at hearing, atty presented the I-485 packet (with an amended I-130 that included a Bona Fide Marriage Exemption Waiver request) to IJ; another hearing set for Dec 2001
Apr 2001�rec’d appt for Stokes interview for Oct 2001
Oct 2001�atty filed I-485 app; Stokes interview completed and I-130 approved; had fingerprinting done same day.
Nov 2001�rec’d EAD appt for Jan 2002
Dec 2001�new IJ presiding over my case (unfamiliar with my case); atty requested IJ to adjust my I-485 based on an approved petition; IJ agreed and scheduled an INDIVIDUAL hearing for Feb 2002
Jan 2002�got medical done
Feb 2002�IJ found the immunization form to be “incomplete�; resch another hearing for Mar 2002
Mar 2002�IJ GRANTED LPR STATUS
Apr 2003�REC’D NOTICE FOR PASSPORT STAMPING AND I-89 PROCESSING FOR MAY 2003.

For further info on AOS while in removal proceedings, check out this site: http://www.vkblaw.com/law/aosproc.htm

Best wishes and good luck to everyone!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

TuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NYC AOS while in removal proceedings happy ending story….

Originally posted by di_mo
Hello, I’ve been a silent visitor for about half a year and I’m happy to finally be able to tell my story. For anyone who might be in the same situation I was, I hope my experience will help you through your own journey towards legal status.

Here is my timeline while under removal proceedings since 1997. I had been out of status with an expired B-1/B-2 visa.

Feb 1999�married to my then LPR boyfriend
Mar 1999�filed I-130 (for me) & N-400 (for my husband) at VSC
Sep 1999�husband has appt for fingerprinting but was turned away due to overcrowding at the Support Center
Nov 1999�master hearing; atty advised IJ of husband’s pending N-400; IJ set another master hearing for Nov 2000
Dec 1999�husband had 2nd fingerprinting appt
Apr 2000�rec’d notice from INS to “prepare� for N-400 interview
Nov 2000�N-400 interview appt at Garden City, LI; at court hearing, atty informed judge of my husband’s almost completed N-400 process; IJ scheduled another hearing for Mar 2001
Dec 2000�Hubby became a U.S citizen
Mar 2001�at hearing, atty presented the I-485 packet (with an amended I-130 that included a Bona Fide Marriage Exemption Waiver request) to IJ; another hearing set for Dec 2001
Apr 2001�rec’d appt for Stokes interview for Oct 2001
Oct 2001�atty filed I-485 app; Stokes interview completed and I-130 approved; had fingerprinting done same day.
Nov 2001�rec’d EAD appt for Jan 2002
Dec 2001�new IJ presiding over my case (unfamiliar with my case); atty requested IJ to adjust my I-485 based on an approved petition; IJ agreed and scheduled an INDIVIDUAL hearing for Feb 2002
Jan 2002�got medical done
Feb 2002�IJ found the immunization form to be “incomplete�; resch another hearing for Mar 2002
Mar 2002�IJ GRANTED LPR STATUS
Apr 2003�REC’D NOTICE FOR PASSPORT STAMPING AND I-89 PROCESSING FOR MAY 2003.

For further info on AOS while in removal proceedings, check out this site: http://www.vkblaw.com/law/aosproc.htm

Best wishes and good luck to everyone!
hi all
I am in deportation proceedings right now, because i have been in the us illegally for 17 years. when my mother bring me here when i was 3 yrs old. when i completed high school and was getting ready to go to college and work. i ask my mother for my Ss card and then she told me the story that i am illegal. then i ask her when do u mean by illegal (that was when i was 17 1/2 years old when she told me).i get married to a USC, and i have a 1 year old son. my lawyer said i cant file AOS, because i am iilegal.they will just put me in deportation any way. so i said i will turn my self in to the ins. there was a lot of people waiting when we got there. i didn't have to wait because my lawyer is a good friend with the ins officer. so me and my wife and my lawyer was in the room with the offcer.the officer ask me a lot of questions.then he left the room and came back one hour later. in that hour a lot was running in my mind (i told my self this is it. i am going to be jailed).even my lawyer said when we was wait that the officer is taking to long out the room and you might be jailed.when the officer came back i ask him if he is going to jail me.he said no the reason why he take so long out the room is because he did i background check on my and it came back good.i can say that the officer was never nice to me.he could have been a ass hole to me.he handed me the
following documents:
I-862 Notice to Appear before an immigration judge ( In removal proceedings under section 240 of the INA)
I-286 Notice of Custody Determination
I-862 Notice to Respondent
I-215w Record of Sworn Statement in Affidavit Form
I-826 Notice of Right and Request for Disposition

He said, I will get a letter in the mail with my court date. He said that he is going to keep my passport. I will get it back when I go to court.