Wikiposts

NVC sent a LETTER BCIS... did not

Old Oct 30th 2003, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Lorca90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PHONED NVC just now.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Lorca,

The BCIS, which approves the petition and issues the NOA is Department of Homeland Security.

The consulate is Department of State.

What do you think?

Actually, Matt Udall already addressed this question earlier in this thread :-)

Regards, JEff

Thanks Jeff. My question is about the NOA2....The NVC must have some sort of confirmation since they did write "we recieved an approval notice from"

So I am thinking this "notice" is with the petition sent to the embassy. It mayb not be the NOA2 but it might have the # one needs for the AOS. From what I understand the i-797 # found on the NOA2 will be needed when you apply for an AOS.

90 days and the clock starts ticking once she comes here so waiting to see if paper work will catch up does not seem to be a wise plan. i have aready requested a provisional file be opened and we have all the forms ready for the interview. She gets her medical exam tomorrow.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 8:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lorca,

I believe that the actual I-797C notice of approval must be brought to the AOS interview. When my ex-wife had her AOS interview a few years ago it was required.

So yes, I don't think you should wait too long before notifying the service center that you haven't received it. I haven't looked back at it again, and I don't want to be putting words in his mouth, but I think Matt was suggesting give it a couple of weeks, not months, before you make the inquiry.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Lorca90
Thanks Jeff. My question is about the NOA2....The NVC must have some sort of confirmation since they did write "we recieved an approval notice from"

So I am thinking this "notice" is with the petition sent to the embassy. It mayb not be the NOA2 but it might have the # one needs for the AOS. From what I understand the i-797 # found on the NOA2 will be needed when you apply for an AOS.

90 days and the clock starts ticking once she comes here so waiting to see if paper work will catch up does not seem to be a wise plan. i have aready requested a provisional file be opened and we have all the forms ready for the interview. She gets her medical exam tomorrow.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:19 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
I think Matt was suggesting give it a couple of weeks, not months, before you make the inquiry.

Regards, JEff
Actually, I believe I said I was going to give it a few days before raising hell with the service centers :-).
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Lorca90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Actually, I believe I said I was going to give it a few days before raising hell with the service centers :-).

I am going to do what I was told and wait my 60 days (Nov 3)then call and request what is UP.

Now I will give you some insight to the problem as I see it...

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on September 3, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 45 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I think they dropped the ball for petitions at Vermont and maybe others received on September 3, 2003. I think this because I have been tracking other case # I-129F's on-line that were received on this date. All save one RFE have not had an update since their NOA1.

MAYBE someone at the BCIS didn't do their job by sending out the NOA2 but did stamp it and kicked it off to the NVC.

Have there been any online status changes in the past 3 weeks regarding I-129F's?

I will raise as much hell as I can also Matt and I hope you continue to share your notes on this.