Wikiposts

NVC sent a LETTER BCIS... did not

Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Lorca90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC sent a LETTER BCIS... did not

I was reading on another forum that some people have a letter from the NVC but did NOT get a NOA2 from the BCIS.

Anyone know how or why?

Because we JUST DID TOO! At first I was sooo happy!" Now I worry because no BCIS NOA2 even though VSC letter says it will be sent to the embassy in one week.

Is this common?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Default Re: NVC sent a LETTER BCIS... did not

Originally posted by Lorca90

Because we JUST DID TOO! At first I was sooo happy!" Now I worry because no BCIS NOA2 even though VSC letter says it will be sent to the embassy in one week.

Is this common?

OPPS... I should have said - Because we JUST DID TOO! At first I was sooo happy!" Now I worry because no BCIS NOA2 even though NVC (not VCS) letter says it will be sent to the embassy in one week.

In shot NO noa2 but the visa center said they have it approved.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OPPS... I should have said - Because we JUST DID TOO! At first I was sooo happy!" Now I worry because no BCIS NOA2 even though NVC (not VCS) letter says it will be sent to the embassy in one week.

In shot NO noa2 but the visa center said they have it approved.
Congratulations on your good news!! :-) So far, I have received NOA1, NOA2, but no letter from NVC. Go figure.

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lorca,

This happened to me also. No update to the BCIS Online Status notice, no NOA #2 in the mail, but a letter from the NVC that they have an approved petition. Mine is from the NSC.

Thing is - that NOA #2 is essential for AOS.

Oh well.

Regards, JEff

I was reading on another forum that some people have a letter from the NVC but did NOT get a NOA2 from the BCIS.

Anyone know how or why?

Is this common?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:42 am
Heading home for X-mas...

Endymion is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know how or why?

Is this common?
Hey Lorca-

welcome to the club

Congratulations!

Hope that the rest of your journey will go smoothly...

I don't have the slightest idea about why Vermont did not notify us- yet I cannot say that I really mind...

In case my fiancé will not get any notification before my interview, I will have to ask the officer for something I might include in my AOS paperwork... Apart from that- I really don't care

Fingers crossed for you!

Rebecca.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:45 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know how or why?

Is this common?
Thats weird but hey CONGRATS!!!!
Let us know if you ever get the NOA2 lol
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Lorca,

This happened to me also. No update to the BCIS Online Status notice, no NOA #2 in the mail, but a letter from the NVC that they have an approved petition. Mine is from the NSC.

Thing is - that NOA #2 is essential for AOS.

Oh well.

Regards, JEff

Jeff, did they send your petition out to the embassy and did everything work out? Where are you in this process and what embassy was/is your petition being forwarded to?

Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:12 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know how or why?

Because we JUST DID TOO! At first I was sooo happy!" Now I worry because no BCIS NOA2 even though NVC letter says it will be sent to the embassy in one week.

Is this common?
I've got two I-129f cases where the clients have told me they received the NVC letter, but I have yet to receive the approval notice. One case was at the VSC, and one at the CSC. These are both very recent approvals (within the past week or so). I am hopeful to receive the approval notices any day now in the mail. If not, I'll be going to bat for my clients (at no extra cost to them) to get this problem resolved (I'm going to give a few more days for the approval notices to arrive before raising hell with the 2 service centers in question).

Odd are, the notices are on their way.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lorca,

Unfortunately, the NVC sent my petition to the consulate the same day that they sent the notice to me. I was hoping to catch up with the petition at the NVC but they were too fast. I did beat it to the consulate with e-mail, however.

Six weeks ago I wrote to the NSC asking that the petition, an I-129f for fiancee, be withdrawn. Apparently, despite the bold letters giving Petition Type and Receipt Number on both the envelope and subject line of the letter, they were unable to match the letter to the petition.

It's a shame that the CIS functions of the old INS went to Homeland Security instead of State.

Where am I in this process? Filed an I-130 at the NVC 5 weeks ago and an I-129f for spouse at the NBC 4 weeks ago.

Regards, JEff

Jeff, did they send your petition out to the embassy and did everything work out? Where are you in this process and what embassy was/is your petition being forwarded to?

Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I've got two I-129f cases where the clients have told me they received the NVC letter, but I have yet to receive the approval notice. One case was at the VSC, and one at the CSC. These are both very recent approvals (within the past week or so). I am hopeful to receive the approval notices any day now in the mail. If not, I'll be going to bat for my clients (at no extra cost to them) to get this problem resolved (I'm going to give a few more days for the approval notices to arrive before raising hell with the 2 service centers in question).

Odd are, the notices are on their way.

Thank you for your time Mr. Udall.

The thing that kills me about the BCIS is the fact they wont even look further until 60 days pass. I mean in this case situation my petition will be at the embassy BEFORE I can even ask for them to look for it. With this in mind, I have no doubt they will say we don't have your petition...yada yada yada. and give no indication at all about the NOA2. Just like when I called to ask about this.

Here is the customer service Answer: "I don’t know sir, I have never heard of that happening before either." Hold please...
5 minutes later she came back with the "canned" BCIS reply, “Sir we you are still with in the "normal petition timeframe of 60 days. After 60 days you may call back and ask again.�

I was like, "DOH!" "Miss, do you understand how this could really effect us? I mean what happens if my love goes to the embassy and they say opps! BCIS did not do a good job on this and forgot to even LOOK at your petition before sending it to the NVC.

She said. "I understand sir, but really there is nothing I can do until 60 days expires."

She then asked me if she answered all my questions and did I find this service kind and helpful. I said, "kind? YES and thank you." "Was the customer service helpful?" I exclaimed, "This service sure is helpful. It helps me decide to run for political office and get my self in the committee that runs this kind of thing so I can get my hands dirty fixing this mess and thanks for asking.�

It should be noted the online status has not changed since our NOA1 as well. Good grief.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy

Six weeks ago I wrote to the NSC asking that the petition, an I-129f for fiancee, be withdrawn. Apparently, despite the bold letters giving Petition Type and Receipt Number on both the envelope and subject line of the letter, they were unable to match the letter to the petition.

Regards, JEff

Jeff thank you for your time also.

My question is about your last post where you said, " Six weeks ago I wrote to the NSC asking that the petition, an I-129f for fiancee, be withdrawn. Apparently, despite the bold letters giving Petition Type and Receipt Number on both the envelope and subject line of the letter, they were unable to match the letter to the petition."

Did you ask for it to be withdrawn only to file a I-130. From what I understand you were on the home road. Now it is like starting over.

Did you request this because you did not have an NOA2?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:54 am

Lorca,

When I filed the I-129f for fiancee in March the NVC had a backlog of 4-1/2 months, and we were hoping for a fall wedding. As summer was coming to a close the NVC backlog had increased to 7 months and we still wanted a fall wedding, rather than a winter wedding.

So we got married.

Regards, JEff

Jeff thank you for your time also.

My question is about your last post where you said, " Six weeks ago I wrote to the NSC asking that the petition, an I-129f for fiancee, be withdrawn. Apparently, despite the bold letters giving Petition Type and Receipt Number on both the envelope and subject line of the letter, they were unable to match the letter to the petition."

Did you ask for it to be withdrawn only to file a I-130. From what I understand you were on the home road. Now it is like starting over.

Did you request this because you did not have an NOA2?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Default PHONED NVC just now.

Thanks Jeff and great news I would have done the same thing I think.

I just got off the phone with the NVC. They already sent it to the embassy 6 days ago!!! Despite the fact they wrote in my letter dated Oct 24, it would take about one week before they sent it.

Was my petition on hyper-speed or what? Well I hope others here roll as fast but more smooth. I will take fast if I must choose between the two however.

Now about that NOA2… Does anyone know what to do about it? Can we request something from the consular office when we do the interview?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:10 am

Default Re: PHONED NVC just now.

Lorca,

The BCIS, which approves the petition and issues the NOA is Department of Homeland Security.

The consulate is Department of State.

What do you think?

Actually, Matt Udall already addressed this question earlier in this thread :-)

Regards, JEff

Now about that NOA2… Does anyone know what to do about it? Can we request something from the consular office when we do the interview?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PHONED NVC just now.

Thanks Jeff and great news I would have done the same thing I think.

I just got off the phone with the NVC. They already sent it to the embassy 6 days ago!!! Despite the fact they wrote in my letter dated Oct 24, it would take about one week before they sent it.

Was my petition on hyper-speed or what? Well I hope others here roll as fast but more smooth. I will take fast if I must choose between the two however.

Now about that NOA2Â… Does anyone know what to do about it? Can we request something from the consular office when we do the interview?

Im hoping ours will be hyper speed too!! Our letter is also dated October 24!!! ooooooo we have the same date!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.