NVC security checks

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

pourya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC security checks

hi all

i have been waiting for 120 days and there is still no response from NVC! ; they have told me my case is still in Washington and still processing !!!!!!

i have heard that up to 98_99% of cases has been send to Embasy within 4 months from NVC!;

i wonder if FBI checks could take any longer than 4 months?

THANX

POURYA
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

No they don't. The maximum that it takes FBI is 120 days and that is in extreme cases. Have you contacted the FBI Namecheck division? Contacting that office is normally of great benefit in getting out of the namecheck hole.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 3:13 am
Jewels

Default Re: NVC security checks

Where is your fiance' from?
My check at the NVC took about 60 days and my husband is Iranian.
At least security checks and advisory opinions begin at the NVC side
for certain posts unlike before where everything began on the embassy
side. (Found that note posted VIA Aila)
I have found a few people with Russian Fiance's hung up on the NVC
side alot more lately.

Wishing you much luck and keep on their backs.
Tania

Old Sep 4th 2003, 2:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jewels
Where is your fiance' from?
My check at the NVC took about 60 days and my husband is Iranian.
At least security checks and advisory opinions begin at the NVC side
for certain posts unlike before where everything began on the embassy
side. (Found that note posted VIA Aila)
I have found a few people with Russian Fiance's hung up on the NVC
side alot more lately.

Wishing you much luck and keep on their backs.
Tania
Hi Tania
Pourya's fiancee is Iranian too. I'm so worried now that mine will be one of the long waits. At 48 days, it's already too long for my liking. I'm getting a little depressed.
Rene
Old Sep 4th 2003, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Dear Rene

my wife is IRANIAN ; you are correct ; and she is next to me here for all summer vacation and she will be back 20 days later ;

although i am in day 120 for NVC ; but the fact that even if your case has been sent to US embassy in ANKARA you will have atleasst 4_6 months waiting list for interview

( like me ; that i consider atleast 5 months for Embassy waiting time)

i myself think that we must be more realistic and doin't count on BCIS;NVC;EMBASSY waiting time and all stupid long delays ;

short visits could refresh every thing

don't give up hope

pourya

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Tania
Pourya's fiancee is Iranian too. I'm so worried now that mine will be one of the long waits. At 48 days, it's already too long for my liking. I'm getting a little depressed.
Rene
Old Sep 4th 2003, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Libbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Pourya,

Is it correct to assume that your wife came to visit you with a tourist visa? If yes, was it difficult to obtain it? Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 4:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pourya

short visits could refresh every thing

don't give up hope

pourya
Thank you Pourya, for your encouragement. I know short visits would be great, but as you know, tourist visa for Iranian is almost impossible to get (he probably gets his K1 before he would get a tourist visa, from what I hear). And with my full time job, it's not that easy to get a week off here and there to go to Turkey every couple of months - and from Arizona to Istanbul is a little far to go and a lot of money to pay for a ticket for just a few days of visit. He also runs his own business and doesn't have much time to get away even if we could meet in a 3rd country somewhere. We're both working hard and trying to save as much money as possible for our future once he's here.

Just out of curiousity, are you going through Ankara? Why do you think they have a 4 to 5 month waiting list just to get an interview?

Tania, what do you think? You're waiting for your husband's interview date to be set. Do you think it will be that long?

Feeling Blue,
Rene
Old Sep 5th 2003, 8:21 am
Jewels

Just out of curiousity, are you going through Ankara? Why do you
think
    > they have a 4 to 5 month waiting list just to get an interview?
    >
    >
    >
    > Tania, what do you think? You're waiting for your husband's interview
    > date to be set. Do you think it will be that long?
    >
    >
    >
    > Feeling Blue,
    >
    > Rene

Rene,
Don't get yourself down. It stated in the packet that interview dates
are set with in 5 days of receive the packet however there was a small
delay in mine as we both know. I am sure an interview date has been
sent and the embassy is just being a tird and sending the date by
mail. Also I am getting the idea that they might be a little backed
up from the diverse lottery that they just got through in the past 30
days. Ankara and all embassy's had a little extra to process this
last month.
I am guessing my interview will be with in the next month. I am not to
worried and you shouldn't either ok?
If it is 5 months, you will know real fast and will be the first one
to find out besides me
(I truly don't believe it will take that long)

Old Sep 6th 2003, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hassan is on a distinguished road
Default namecheck status

Originally posted by jg1012002
No they don't. The maximum that it takes FBI is 120 days and that is in extreme cases. Have you contacted the FBI Namecheck division? Contacting that office is normally of great benefit in getting out of the namecheck hole.
jg, we are still waiting on namecheck results, how can we find out about them? we called the FBI at 304-625-2000, and all they tell us is the dates they received the prints, processed them and sent them to NVC. do they have some office to check about namecheck?
peace
Old Sep 7th 2003, 2:25 am

Default help...confused...

Originally posted by Hassan
jg, we are still waiting on namecheck results, how can we find out about them? we called the FBI at 304-625-2000, and all they tell us is the dates they received the prints, processed them and sent them to NVC. do they have some office to check about namecheck?
peace
OK, help me out here. I'm a little confused about something. This thread is talking about the length of wait at NVC which comes between the Service Center Approval, and forwarding the file on to the Overseas Embassy, right? But Hassan's post talks about fingerprints, so I'm assuming he is talking about a wait AFTER the interview, right? I don't think at the NVC stage, they have any fingerprints to go by, right?

*** confused ***

Rene
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: namecheck status

Originally posted by Hassan
peace

You need to call (202) 324-3625 to find out what has happened with the namecheck. You will need to leave a number that you can be reached at for the next 24 hours. They will return your call -- give them a cell phone if possible.

There is a sort of black hole that some names get in for various reasons.........they submitted the name in the wrong format, or they somehow did not put the approval in and they are resubmitting a name that already has approval. If the name being submitted already has an approval in the FBI database the name is kicked to an error log, same with an incorrect submission. The Department of State supposedly has someone from their Information Systems manually inputting the names but of the 30 cases I have been involved, the Department of State had not input the names manually. (The errors are on the Department of State/NVC/Embassy side.)

Robert Garrity is over this division and does one hell of a great job! Very professional, courteous and stays "on top" of these namechecks. His reports state maybe 3-5% of cases that are not done within the first 30 days -- and by what I have seen that is true provided the NVC/Embassy has submitted the name as directed in procedures. If there is a problem with the namecheck, the FBI actually notify state to put the case on hold -- indicating it will require more time than the 30 days. For confirmation of this, look at the US Embassy in Turkey. They put that listing on the net as well as the ones that are cleared.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: help...confused...

Originally posted by Noorah101
OK, help me out here. I'm a little confused about something. This thread is talking about the length of wait at NVC which comes between the Service Center Approval, and forwarding the file on to the Overseas Embassy, right? But Hassan's post talks about fingerprints, so I'm assuming he is talking about a wait AFTER the interview, right? I don't think at the NVC stage, they have any fingerprints to go by, right?

*** confused ***

Rene
Yea it seems he had the interview and is now waiting on clearance. The fingerprints are sent to NVC first, who sends them to FBI, and FBI sends them to NVC, who sends them to FBI. However, the security check is the same regardless of whether submitted by NVC or Embassy.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:19 am
Just Joined

DEAR JG

WOULD U PLZ KINDLY GIVE ME THE NUM; THANX IN ADVANCE

and do you think iy could be helpful in my case by 123 days Waiting any possible answer bacvk from NVC??!!

THANX

Originally posted by jg1012002
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

I did give you the number. Its above.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:42 pm
Tori

Hi, my fiance is in Cuba and this country has to have extra security
clearance.
His interview was 12 weeks ago and no visa...
I am concerned because several people receive their visas after 6
weeks.

At the interview he asked about if he needed to make fingerprints, but
was told that this was not necessary. I do not understand what the
hold-up is.

I tried to call the number 202-324-3625 but couldn't get through.
What should I do? I just was in Havana last week and the people at
the Embassy (Interest Section) there didn't no anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.