Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC to Counsulate (Chennai, INDIA)

NVC to Counsulate (Chennai, INDIA)

Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC to Counsulate (Chennai, INDIA)

Hi all,
I checked with NVC today and they said they have forwarded my case yesterday to the Chennai Embassy in India. Also they have sended me a letter with the new case number. Once again it is getting closer to be with my wife.Also i heard the counsulate office in Chennai India are good and friendly people.I send them an email and they said as soon as they recieve the petition from NVC they will immediatley send out packet # 3.

Timeline

1 st NOA July8th
2nd NOA Nov 19th

recieved NVC on Dec 4th 2002
NVC to Counsulate on Dec 5th 2002 ( new case number)

Regards
Kindia
Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC to Counsulate (Chennai, INDIA)

HI kindia,
Its good to hear something new about k3. my husband got my k3 approval on 22nd nov. so just four days after u got but in the letter it was written that my file has been processed to delhi from INS. But as u say file go to NVC first and then to delhi. oh my good again this waiting.So do u know how long it will take because my husband want to be present with me on my interview date . I keep on calling delhi consulate ut they said they didn't receive ,y file yet . please help us to know the exact time how long we have to wait. This waiting is terrible.
sarbpreet.

Originally posted by kindia
Hi all,
I checked with NVC today and they said they have forwarded my case yesterday to the Chennai Embassy in India. Also they have sended me a letter with the new case number. Once again it is getting closer to be with my wife.Also i heard the counsulate office in Chennai India are good and friendly people.I send them an email and they said as soon as they recieve the petition from NVC they will immediatley send out packet # 3.

Timeline

1 st NOA July8th
2nd NOA Nov 19th

recieved NVC on Dec 4th 2002
NVC to Counsulate on Dec 5th 2002 ( new case number)

Regards
Kindia
Old Dec 8th 2002, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

suvi65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC to Counsulate (Chennai, INDIA)

Hi Kindia

I am a candidate whose husband applied k3 for me. He got the I-129F approval on Nov 27th. And the NVC said they will send before the holidays. I was just wondering if know any extra documentations for k3 visa other than the usual ones. And did they send the packet quickly as specified?
Old Dec 10th 2002, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 ,

It does goes to NVC first then you will get a new case number for your k 3 petition. Did you try calling the Delhi embassy in India to find out if they recieved the case yet or not.

Mine so far NVC sended the approved petition on Dec 5th still chennai clamis they don't have the petition yet.

regards
Kindia
Old Dec 10th 2002, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Also does anybody have any experience with the Chennai (Madras) embassy. Please post your experience.

regards
Kindia
Old Dec 13th 2002, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello kindia,
I keep on calling delhi they say they didn't recieve my file yet, i don't know whats happening in immigration in k3 they take this long time just to send the file to sonsulate, we got approval on 22nd nov. and still waiting.
My husband called to NVC and INS they say they don't send file to NVC instead they send file to consulate direct. So whom to believe i don't understand, INS says file go to NVC only in case number start from LIN or other but missouri itself NVC centre so they don't have to send file wnywhere else, when i called delhi embassy they too said the same. So we don't know where our file is, Delhi consulate said sometimes it takes one and half month just to reach file to them. So i don't know how long we have to wait.I am totally confused right now because nothing is working out. Can u help to get something.

sarbpreet.

Originally posted by kindia
Also does anybody have any experience with the Chennai (Madras) embassy. Please post your experience.

regards
Kindia
Old Dec 13th 2002, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

saha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Kindia & Sarbpreet:

Wait a while and the file willbe there. The consulate receives the notice in the form of an email and that happens right-a-way.

That catch is the people who correspons with the customer does not have all the info and access to the every record, I guess, and often they can not say even soem one from there already have sent out the paper.
The Mumbai office told us that they have not receive our case while the paper is inthe mail sent out by the same consulate. This is just a communication gap.

I am sure you all will get the papers and just give it 2/3 weeks since often that is the time they need for least.

Good luck.