From NVC to Consulate (problem)

Old Oct 16th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From NVC to Consulate (problem)

Hi All!!

I haven't posted for a while due to all of the obstacles one encounters with this process. I was a little depressed for a while as my fiancee but we are renewed and committed to seeing this thing through.
We're having a problem with our petition. At first NVC said our I-129f cleared CONDOR security check on July 30. It was supposedly send to Buenos Aires on Aug 1. I called NVC constantly and emailed the consulate 3 times a week for 2 weeks, they said they hadn't yet received the petition.
On or about August 20, NVC changed their story and said the petition didn't leave them until Aug 12. Okay so I'm not upset or anything because their job is to protect us. We all make mistakes because we're human, no problem. I continued to email the consulate 3 times a week for the entire month of September, no petition. I have to say that the consular staff was very helpful, patient, and kind to our constant inquires, they were great.
Well, it's now October a full 60 days since our petition was "sent DHL" to the consulate, still no petition.
I emailed the Ambassador yesterday, hoping to get a response from him. To my surprise a new Ambassador was appointed in September, a Cuban born American. I'm hoping that this will prove helpful as my fiancee is also Cuban born.
So guys I need all of your input, the good, bad and ugly please!! What should we do next? I'm thinking our petition is sitting somewhere in that embassy and no one knows it. I thought maybe a letter to the Ambassador would perhaps light a fire under the staff to find it. As always, all of your responses are very much appreciated.

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

any opinions??
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried contacting your congressman or senator for assistance?
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kariml,

No I haven't tried this. I've read many posts of people who have done this. I will find out who my congressman and senators are and pursue it. Did you contact your politicians for assistance?? Thanks.

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:05 pm
JSC
Forum Regular

JSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: From NVC to Consulate (problem)

Hi Toria

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a question. The consulate in Buenos Aires has told you that they haven't received the petition, is this correct?

If this is true, then you can have NVC track the DHL package for you to make sure that it was received by the consulate. At that point, you hopefully will have a date of receipt, and can provide that information to your congressman or senator. Good luck.

Originally posted by crews1980
Hi All!!

I haven't posted for a while due to all of the obstacles one encounters with this process. I was a little depressed for a while as my fiancee but we are renewed and committed to seeing this thing through.
We're having a problem with our petition. At first NVC said our I-129f cleared CONDOR security check on July 30. It was supposedly send to Buenos Aires on Aug 1. I called NVC constantly and emailed the consulate 3 times a week for 2 weeks, they said they hadn't yet received the petition.
On or about August 20, NVC changed their story and said the petition didn't leave them until Aug 12. Okay so I'm not upset or anything because their job is to protect us. We all make mistakes because we're human, no problem. I continued to email the consulate 3 times a week for the entire month of September, no petition. I have to say that the consular staff was very helpful, patient, and kind to our constant inquires, they were great.
Well, it's now October a full 60 days since our petition was "sent DHL" to the consulate, still no petition.
I emailed the Ambassador yesterday, hoping to get a response from him. To my surprise a new Ambassador was appointed in September, a Cuban born American. I'm hoping that this will prove helpful as my fiancee is also Cuban born.
So guys I need all of your input, the good, bad and ugly please!! What should we do next? I'm thinking our petition is sitting somewhere in that embassy and no one knows it. I thought maybe a letter to the Ambassador would perhaps light a fire under the staff to find it. As always, all of your responses are very much appreciated.

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

JSC,

Thanks for your reply. That would be great but yesterday NVC told me that they don't have that type of info available to me. I asked to speak with her supervisor, (I was very calm and nice about it). I was told the supervisor wasn't available at that time and to call back later. The CSR told me that no one in that building could give me that info. I haven't called back yet.

I've already written to my 2 Senators and I'm in the process of writting to my Congressperson.

Toria
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Deanna!!

I don't know what did it guys, but they found our petition!! I received an email this morning from a Carolina Yanez, Supervisor of the Immigrant Visa Unit. They have forwarded packet 3 (information packet) to Salvador.

Yesterday, I sent letters to the following people,
The 2 Senators of Pennsylvania
Arlen Spector
Rick Santorum
The 1 Congressman from my area in Philadelphia, Pa
Robert A. Brady
The new Ambassador to Argentina
The Honorable Lino Gutierrez

Personally, I think the letter to the Ambassador did it.

Thank you guys so much for your input!! If it weren't for this NG we could not have gotten this far on our on.

It's time now to hire a lawyer for the rough road ahead, and a prayer to Jehovah sure won't hurt either!!

Deanna, I'm sure that Carolina can help you if you need anything. Please be nice to her, I have to say that I sent a TON of "honey" in those emails!! It really wasn't that much of a stretch though. They really were very nice to us!!

Honorable and distinguished staff...
kind and respectful responses...
your staff was very kind and patient towards our many emails...

Toria
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:58 pm
GiveMeStrength

Toria! Yahoo!!!! Finally! That is really GREAT news!

I will keep Carolina in mind in case we run into any snags. Can you tell me how you contacted her? Was it through email? If so, I'd be interested in her email address.

The few emails that I've sent to B.A have been responded to in a very efficient manner and so far I've had nothing but good things to say about the consulate there. Hopefully it continues for us.

Just wondering why you need to hire a lawyer. Was an overstay invloved? Do you have to submit a waiver?

Good luck in the road ahead and I pray that you will be reunited with your love soon! Keep me posted!

Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Deanna,

I emailed the Ambassador through the following email,
[email protected]

Carolina responded to me from the following email,
[email protected]

Salva has a 4 yr old CIMT. We don't know what's going to happen from here. We just want a chance. I'm thinking the petty theft exception just might apply here but if not an I-601 may be requested.

Whatever happens we know God is with us.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Toria
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:29 pm
GiveMeStrength

Toria,
Thanks for the email addresses. I'll keep them handy, just in case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you won't have to file a waiver and Salvador will be given the visa outright.

Take Care,
Deanna