Nvc????

Old May 7th 2003, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

tigger1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nvc????

does anyone know if there is another way to contact NVC besides calling them?
is there a online status thing somewhere, that i have not been able to find ????

-- duckie (germany) and tigger (us) timeline:
12/16/02 - tigger sends out the i-129f for k-1
12/19/02 - 1st NOA through NSC
05/01/03 - 2nd NOA via case status online
Old May 7th 2003, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvc????

Originally posted by tigger1969
does anyone know if there is another way to contact NVC besides calling them?
is there a online status thing somewhere, that i have not been able to find ????

-- duckie (germany) and tigger (us) timeline:
12/16/02 - tigger sends out the i-129f for k-1
12/19/02 - 1st NOA through NSC
05/01/03 - 2nd NOA via case status online
Unfortunately not, you have to call them.

Kari
Old May 7th 2003, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kariml
Unfortunately not, you have to call them.

Kari

thank you for your response.
i thought i just missed it some how
but from what i see on the ng, it does not seem to take NVC to long to process them.
Old May 7th 2003, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you for your response.
i thought i just missed it some how
but from what i see on the ng, it does not seem to take NVC to long to process them.
My fiance is from Germany as well. It took NVC 1 day to process ours, so I wouldn't expect to long if I were you

Kari
Old May 7th 2003, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

My fiance is from Germany as well. It took NVC 1 day to process ours, so I wouldn't expect to long if I were you

Kari
that is what we thought too. but it is nice to hear it from someone that knows.
so any idea how long it takes before they send out packet #3 ?
we are trying to figure out when would be a reasonable time for a flight. we were looking at last week in June as they are cheaper. you think that might be to soon ?
Old May 7th 2003, 1:16 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Kari

Doesn't seem to take them long-although OFFICIALLY they have said 2 weeks to 6 weeks, the bigger question seems to be how long it takes them to get it to the appropriate Consulate. That doesn't seem to take too long either on the European ones.
Viel Gluck!
Old May 7th 2003, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

that is what we thought too. but it is nice to hear it from someone that knows.
so any idea how long it takes before they send out packet #3 ?
we are trying to figure out when would be a reasonable time for a flight. we were looking at last week in June as they are cheaper. you think that might be to soon ?
They told him on the phone after they recieve the notice that he should hear from them in about a week. We weren't really sure what they meant by that, guess it means he'll get packet 3 in week. They are quite laid back at that consulate.
I really don't have any idea how long after packet 3 is received and sent in that the interview would be scheduled.
I have heard that if you are in some type of hurry that some consulates will allow you to request an interview date. I don't know if Frankfurt would, but they seem really nice and laid back so you could call and ask.

Kari
Old May 7th 2003, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that if you are in some type of hurry that some consulates will allow you to request an interview date. I don't know if Frankfurt would, but they seem really nice and laid back so you could call and ask.

Kari
first of all good luck on your k-1. yes of course we want to hurry, but we dont want to queue jumping urp no real reason. the cheaper flights is not the only reason we want me to be over by the first week of july. my fiancées work closes down for factory vacation for a week. and if possible, we would like to use that together - maybe the ones in frankfurt have merci
Old May 7th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Duckie
first of all good luck on your k-1. yes of course we want to hurry, but we dont want to queue jumping urp no real reason. the cheaper flights is not the only reason we want me to be over by the first week of july. my fiancées work closes down for factory vacation for a week. and if possible, we would like to use that together - maybe the ones in frankfurt have merci
I don't think it would be jumping in line as Frankfurt really does not have that many k1 visa interviews per month anyways - at least relative to other countries.

kari
Old May 7th 2003, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Well first NVC sure doesn't wast much time, I made sure I told them I think they ROCK and keep it up you are appreciated! I was talking to my attorney about how fast they are and he said, "sure they are contracted", I am not sure if that is true but I thought it was funny.
Have you been able to talk to someone at NVC yet? I can't remember the exact dialing procedure to talk to a person. One thing to keep in mind is they use the standard 2 to 4 weeks line religiously, even though my file was sent off to the Consulate the day after I was told that. I was tempted to tell the operator, then why did you tell me yesterday I should wait 2 to 4 weeks? But I was too excited hearing the file was sent to Lagos to care about that anymore I guess. It only took 10 days for the Lagos Consulate to set up the interview after it left NVC on the 15th.
I guess the only thing to figure out is how far out does your Consulate set up interviews after they have the Packet 3 stuff returned to them. Our interview was set up a little over 6 weeks out, but then they also do the all at once procedure, they set up the interview and send all the things needed in the packet, the interview letter, medical letter and all the forms, without asking for DS-230 Part I and OF-169/DS-2001 before setting up the interview. But over there no one gets thier mail, so everyone ends up going down to the Consulate to pick up thier packet. Maybe they changed it there because it was a waste of time trying to coordinate 2 mail drops to the benificiary and most likely they are not allowed to spend extra money with paid couriers, they are seriously in need of funding there from what I have heard.
Well good luck and just get that Packet 3 stuff back to them as fast as you can and don't wait for the mail if it doesn't come right away!

Last edited by JeffB; May 7th 2003 at 1:53 pm.
Old May 7th 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JeffB
Have you been able to talk to someone at NVC yet? I can't remember the exact dialing procedure to talk to a person.
i have called them once,and received the standard"we have no record of your case"
i will try again on friday

Well good luck and just get that Packet 3 stuff back to them as fast as you can and don't wait for the mail if it doesn't come right away!
well we think we have all we need for packet 3, but then you never know for sure till you actually receive it. my sweetie has updated his shots,gotten the police certificate. i have done the paperwork on my end(the I-134) will send to him friday of next week.
Old May 7th 2003, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

i have called them once,and received the standard"we have no record of your case"
i will try again on friday

well we think we have all we need for packet 3, but then you never know for sure till you actually receive it. my sweetie has updated his shots,gotten the police certificate. i have done the paperwork on my end(the I-134) will send to him friday of next week.
New update for ya. My fiance just received packet 3 in his mail this morning. So it was 10 business days by mail from the time it left NVC to hin getting packet 3

Kari