Nvc

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 2:03 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Nvc

I have a question...... What actually happens at the NVC? We started our process before the NVC got involved. I was just curious do they do parts of the embassy stuff now or what? Will they notify us to the next step or does it just get passed to the embassy? I know many questions.... help!

USA/United Kingdom
03/05/2003 Mailed I129F
03/07/2003 rec'd in BCIS Vermont
03/11/2003 NOA approval
04/11/2003 2nd notice case was approved online
04/18/2003 nothing in the mail or after calling the NVC in New Hampshire they have no record of EAC#

Is this normal? Thanks for any help anyone can offer us with a ray of hope.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

I too was approved from the VSC on April 11th. I got my 2nd NOA on the 19th. Haven't heard anything from NVC yet. As it can take 2 to 4 weeks, I have resigned myself to try to be patient this time.

Good things come to those who wait.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 3:24 am

Roman27 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also approved April 11 from NSC and received my NOA in the mail on April 16. So far, the NVC doesn't have my paperwork.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:49 am
Just Joined

lestill22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what happens at the NVC, but it can't be too much considering my case came in on 4/09/03 and was sent on to London on 4/11/03. I would have not known anything because I have never received anything in the mail saying it was sent to London. The automated phone service has no record of my case, but when I called and talked to the operator I was told that it had already been approved and sent out.

I hope this helps.

1 NOA 1/03/03
2 NOA 4/03/03
NVC Received case 4/09/03
NVC sends case to London 4/11/03
Interview Date ????
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

nini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvc

Originally posted by JohnCindy
I have a question...... What actually happens at the NVC? We started our process before the NVC got involved. I was just curious do they do parts of the embassy stuff now or what? Will they notify us to the next step or does it just get passed to the embassy? I know many questions.... help!

USA/United Kingdom
03/05/2003 Mailed I129F
03/07/2003 rec'd in BCIS Vermont
03/11/2003 NOA approval
04/11/2003 2nd notice case was approved online
04/18/2003 nothing in the mail or after calling the NVC in New Hampshire they have no record of EAC#

Is this normal? Thanks for any help anyone can offer us with a ray of hope.
Don't worry! My case was approved on 04/11 as well at CSC. When I checked the automatic phone system at NVC, it also said "no record found", but I managed to talk to REP at NVC yesterday 04/21, it turned out my pettion was received and already fowared oversea. So I would say it's normal. If you want to make sure, call them.
ni
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

I just asked the lady at NVC the exact same question about 10 minutes ago. The service centers ship the case to them to ship to the consulates. I am totally serious, this is exactly what she told me
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kariml
I just asked the lady at NVC the exact same question about 10 minutes ago. The service centers ship the case to them to ship to the consulates. I am totally serious, this is exactly what she told me
So, what you are saying is that she said that nothing else happens?

You have to wonder why they put in this middle layer.

Rohit
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I called to see if my case had arrived yet so I asked her what the NVC was for and what they did. Her exact words were "we ship out 100's of cases to consulates all over the world". She seemed very proud.
So I asked her specifically "So the service centers ship you the cases to ship to the consulates?"
Her reply "yes mam"
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting! Usually the phrase goes "CUT OUT the middleman", not "INSERT the middleman"!! LOL
Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:45 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by goya0002
So, what you are saying is that she said that nothing else happens?

You have to wonder why they put in this middle layer.

Rohit
But they didn't "put in" a new middle layer. With a few exceptions, the NVC has always been the conduit for the shipping of the approved petitions/paperwork to the U.S. Consulates. The only thing that changed is that they now include boilerplate language on the approval notices about the NVC's involvement. But they were involved even before that boilerplate language was added to the approval notices.

Now there was some speculation that the NVC might be doing "additional" things (in addition to shipping to the posts) and that they would send out some kind of letter to the petitioner to let him or her know the case was forwarded to the Consulate. That might be true, but if so, I have not seen any signs of it yet (with my cases).

M.U.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Matt, yes they do, received my letter from the NVC just yesterday the 22nd, actually my attorney recieved it and I picked it up at his office.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 3:36 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

I want to thank everyone who has responded and put my mind somewhat to rest. Good luck to everyone!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Security check...

Do they do the security check at the NVC or the consulate ?
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:13 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JeffB
Hey Matt, yes they do, received my letter from the NVC just yesterday the 22nd, actually my attorney recieved it and I picked it up at his office.
Thanks for the feedback Jeff. Then I should be receiving a number of letters from the NVC soon as well. It will be interesting to see if I get one for my recently approved TSC case that will process through Moscow. As per a conversation I had with Kathy V. over a year ago (she was in the division that processes I-129f’s at the TSC), at that time the TSC had recently started Fed-Ex'ing the approved I-129f materials to Moscow and Manila (and only those two posts and this only applies to "I-129f's" at the TSC). My recently approved TSC I-129f Moscow case approval notice contains the boilerplate language about the NVC, but I have a hunch that the NVC won't ever receive this material even though that boilerplate language appears on the notice. We'll see.

M.U.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just called TSC wondering where my case was.
They said it takes about 1 week for the file to arrive at NVC and it should be shipped to the consulate in 2-3 days. I was approved on 4/17 so we'll see when it actually gets there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.