NSC They want more info!

Old Mar 21st 2001, 10:29 am
CYNROCK

Good Morning, I just called the magic number to the INS,,, the message changed! They
said they sent out a letter requesting additional evidence,,, we followed Alvena's
instructions and organized everything,, my question is how long does it take once
they receive what they need to make a decision,, could this take days or WEEKS? I'll
post when I get the letter, any one have this experience? Thanks

Old Mar 21st 2001, 2:14 pm
Alex J

We also got one of those too. We sent it back the next day (the stuff they wanted we
sent originally so we had it all right there). The RFE was June 5 and our approval
was July 12 (for my daughter) and August 1 (for me). They both would have been July
12 but I did not know I could send them in the same envelope and they got separated.

Alex

CYNROCK wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 3:17 pm
RJLiles

Let me get this straight, the stuff they said they wanted with the RFE was something
that you had already initially sent them?

>
they
    >
5 and
    >
both
    >
envelope
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Good Morning, I just called the magic number to the INS,,, the message[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > changed! They[/usenetquote2]
said
[usenetquote2]> > they sent out a letter requesting additional evidence,,, we followed[/usenetquote2]
Alvena's
[usenetquote2]> > instructions and organized everything,, my question is how long does it[/usenetquote2]
take
[usenetquote2]> > once they receive what they need to make a decision,, could this take[/usenetquote2]
days or
[usenetquote2]> > WEEKS? I'll post when I get the letter, any one have this experience?[/usenetquote2]
Thanks

Old Mar 21st 2001, 4:31 pm
James McCartney

>
    >

Others have reported that the service centers occasionally lose things. It is not
infrequent apparently.

Old Mar 21st 2001, 4:41 pm
Alex J

Yes. And if you go and look at back posts you find that a good portion of the RFE are
for items that people had sent in with the petition (of AOS cases) . The RFE for my
daughter however was for a letter stating her parentage (more then I want to get
into, but I am her biological parent). The one for me wanted birth certificate of my
wife, her divorce papers, our marriage certificate, my late spouses death certificate
- all of which we sent with the petition.

Alex

RJLiles wrote:

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > We also got one of those too. We sent it back the next day (the stuff[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > wanted we sent originally so we had it all right there). The RFE was June[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > our approval was July 12 (for my daughter) and August 1 (for me). They[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > would have been July 12 but I did not know I could send them in the same[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and they got separated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Alex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CYNROCK wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Good Morning, I just called the magic number to the INS,,, the message changed![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > They[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > they sent out a letter requesting additional evidence,,, we followed[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > instructions and organized everything,, my question is how long does it[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > once they receive what they need to make a decision,, could this take[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > WEEKS? I'll post when I get the letter, any one have this experience?[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 6:24 pm
RJLiles

Sure hope you send then a letter stating that the information they are requesting was
sent with the petition but due to their obviously excellent organization skills you
will provide then with the information AGAIN.

>
the
    >
    >
(more
    >
wanted
    >
certificate, my
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Let me get this straight, the stuff they said they wanted with the RFE[/usenetquote2]
was
[usenetquote2]> > something that you had already initially sent them?[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > We also got one of those too. We sent it back the next day (the stuff[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > wanted we sent originally so we had it all right there). The RFE was[/usenetquote2]
June
[usenetquote2]> > 5 and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > our approval was July 12 (for my daughter) and August 1 (for me).[/usenetquote2]
They
[usenetquote2]> > both[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > would have been July 12 but I did not know I could send them in the[/usenetquote2]
same
[usenetquote2]> > envelope[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > and they got separated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Alex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > CYNROCK wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Good Morning, I just called the magic number to the INS,,, the message[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > changed![/usenetquote2]
They
[usenetquote2]> > said[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > they sent out a letter requesting additional evidence,,, we followed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Alvena's[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > instructions and organized everything,, my question is how long does[/usenetquote2]
it
[usenetquote2]> > take[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > once they receive what they need to make a decision,, could this[/usenetquote2]
take
[usenetquote2]> > days or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > WEEKS? I'll post when I get the letter, any one have this[/usenetquote2]
experience?
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 21st 2001, 6:38 pm
Alex J

RJLiles wrote:

>
    >
    >

No I did not. Just sent them what they wanted. I did highlight seals and information
on the copies though to show that it was what they wanted. We were approved and our
Interview is April 12th in Helena.

Alex

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 3:59 am
Sokitome

>
    >
said
    >
Alvena's
    >
take
    >
or
    >
Thanks

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 4:00 am
Sokitome

Most likely it will take a couple weeks. I also had an RFE and it took about three
weeks later for the decision. Bob

>
    >
said
    >
Alvena's
    >
take
    >
or
    >
Thanks

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 9:56 am
CYNROCK

Thanks Bob, I'm waiting on the letter from the INS telling me what they want,, what
info did they want from you? Cyndi

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 6:00 pm
Sokitome

Cyndi Thip and I had a Buddhist Wedding in Thailand which is not recognized as
official and the marriage cannot be registered with the Embassy. We had the ceremony
for her parents benefit. NSC wanted to make sure we were not "legally" married and
that drew the RFE. We just told them we cannot proove a marriage that was not legally
registered with the USA or Thailand. I goofed by even mentioning the fact that we had
a Buddhist ceremony, but wanted them to know Thip and I were serious about getting
married. Hope you get your answer soon. I know what you are going through and it
'taint fun..... Good Luck Thip and Bob

>
want,,
    >