Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NSC--Santiago Chile timeline to date

NSC--Santiago Chile timeline to date

Old Apr 18th 2001, 2:29 am
Kent Lind

Previously I posted my NSC Timeline

January 31 Mailed I-239F (with attached cable request and fee) February 12, First NOA
March 24, approval (via phone message) April 6 actually received 2nd NOA April 16
Consulate in Santiago Chile receives cable notice from NSC

My fiancee Isabel has been in telephone contact with one of the Chilean employees at
the consulate who has been very helpful. They let her come in for a preliminary
meeting to go over the forms that she needed to complete and they let her schedule a
medical appointment with one of the consulate-approved doctors all before they
received official notice from NSC. She did have a scanned and printed version of the
approval notice.

They just called her today and asked her if she wanted to schedule her interview for
this coming Friday or next Tuesday. Yeah!!! Apparently they process very few I-129Fs
in Santiago and are pretty informal and quick about it. Isabel had absolutely no help
trying to contact any of the Americans at the consulate but when she did finally get
ahold of a Chilean woman who works there she's been given a lot of help and fast
tracked through the process.

She did learn that cable requests usually take 3 weeks (ours took exactly 3 weeks)
and when there is no cable request it normally takes 6 weeks so apparently my $120
did go to some effect.

I'll post her interview experience when it happens. I have plane reservations for May
17 and it looks like we'll be able to use them!

Kent (Juneau, Alaska) Isabel (Santiago Chile)