Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 30th 2017, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by stevenwalker211278
can some one remind me what i need to do / process times of late / my 2nd visa will it be a 1 year visa again
Perhaps you should start by reading the last hundred or so posts... your questions are all answered. It's called doing your own research and is ultimately more empowering than being spoon fed answers.

Ian
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this site to be accurate and very useful.

Disclaimer: Always double check the information is accurate, this is NOT an official source...

Travelling to US - Applying for a visa - theInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal recordstheInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal records
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

This morning USCIS said "we approved your Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility". They have apparently sent me an I797 and I should call them back if I haven't received it with 30 days (?!).
Will this ask me for any more info or actions (another interview, medical, updated police record etc) or is it likely this will be "good to go" approval?
Any insight into what the next steps are likely to be would be greatly appreciated. I have been waiting for this visa for over a year and learned to be cynically pessimistic with every notice to avoid disappointment.
Background: IR Spouse Visa, I-601 filed for possession of controlled substance, approved for L1 in January.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheWaitingPlace
This morning USCIS said "we approved your Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility". They have apparently sent me an I797 and I should call them back if I haven't received it with 30 days (?!).
Will this ask me for any more info or actions (another interview, medical, updated police record etc) or is it likely this will be "good to go" approval?
Any insight into what the next steps are likely to be would be greatly appreciated. I have been waiting for this visa for over a year and learned to be cynically pessimistic with every notice to avoid disappointment.
Background: IR Spouse Visa, I-601 filed for possession of controlled substance, approved for L1 in January.
Based on my cursory search, an I797 is a document that ratifies your change of status. Essentially, you have succeeded. Congratulations.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 9:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
He's probably the most helpful of the regular posters on this thread, however he has little time for people who ask stupid questions and/or don't take notice of what they are advised.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 31st 2017 at 11:18 am. Reason: Quoted insults removed.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 10:08 am
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
He's probably the most helpful of the regular posters on this thread, however he has little time for people who ask stupid questions and/or don't take notice of what they are advised.

How do you define helpful with the muggy bit at the end .A simple question was asked and needed a simple answer not the rubbish at the end

Useful is someone that helps not the kind of reply he posted . Would have been better to say nothing rather than pipe up with silly replies

As for stupid question what part is stupid let me know
Old Aug 31st 2017, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

A simple question was asked and needed a simple answer not the rubbish at the end
If it was so simple why do you need to ask it?
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:38 am
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
If it was so simple why do you need to ask it?
well we have another bright spark with a great come back
Old Sep 1st 2017, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

well we have another bright spark with a great come back
I recently reapplied for mine. It is a bit confusing. Let's face it they prob don't want to make it very straightforward, and why should they. Essentially first step is to get your ACRO Police certificate. Then go on to the US Embassy website to apply for your DS-160 (assuming that's the correct visa for you). Once done and paid, book appt. online here -

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb

Appt. waiting time for me was approx 2 weeks. I was recommended for 5 year visa waiver which apparently is now the norm (my last one was 1 year) but obvs now is a waiting game and nobody can tell you 100% for sure you will get it.

BTW - Obviously, this info is freely available on the web. But people on this site have been very helpful to me in the past. So consider this post as me sending the elevator back down!

Take it easy
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:03 am
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
Appt. waiting time for me was approx 2 weeks.
When I first applied for an appointment, it was for 6 weeks later, presumably they were really busy at the time (April, holiday season). Someone (Ian I think) advised me to keep refreshing the site for a cancellation. I did this and got an appointment 3 days later. Reposting a great tip if time is of the essence!

That said, My appointment was April 14th and still waiting. Anyone else go around this time or after and received the mail yet? Im starting to get a little worried my application has got lost in the system..
Old Sep 4th 2017, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usadreaming
Im starting to get a little worried my application has got lost in the system..
Just about everyone thinks this. You're barely 4.5 months into a 6-7 month process... so don't expect anything until mid-October at the earliest.

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant believe how much quicker they are processing the waivers out of Belfast. They have updated the PDF today and have 1 at sent passport from the 7th June and was asked to be sent on 7th Sept.

Someone on the same day as me (19th May) has been processed. There are only 3 that are before this date that are still waiting.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noodler
I cant believe how much quicker they are processing the waivers out of Belfast. They have updated the PDF today and have 1 at sent passport from the 7th June and was asked to be sent on 7th Sept.

Someone on the same day as me (19th May) has been processed. There are only 3 that are before this date that are still waiting.
Wow that's the quickest I've heard for a waiver
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look at their tracker nearly all of their waivers go to send passport in under 14 weeks.

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Wow that's the quickest I've heard for a waiver
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noodler

I don't find this surprising at all. The timescales are constantly changing, according to the workload of the particular consulate as well as the ARO in the US. Now that the rush of applications from students, tourists and seasonal/summer camp type workers is over, waiting times are bound to come down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.