Nokia charger in orange county

Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold
Default Nokia charger in orange county

Hi All

A strange one for you, does anybody have a UK nokia charger in orange county i could borrow?

I have tried the US version but it does not power it? i need the one with the smaller connection

I left mine back in the UK

Thanks
Steve
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:01 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nokia charger in orange county

Originally Posted by skydivingisfun
Hi All

A strange one for you, does anybody have a UK nokia charger in orange county i could borrow?

I have tried the US version but it does not power it? i need the one with the smaller connection

I left mine back in the UK

Thanks
Steve
Look on Ebay maybe ?
Have a mate send one over for you maybe ?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Look on Ebay maybe ?
Have a mate send one over for you maybe ?
Thanks for the info, been looking on ebay but you know what its like when you dont have your mobile

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skydivingisfun
Thanks for the info, been looking on ebay but you know what its like when you dont have your mobile
Just a friendly reminder that your "mobile" turned into a "cell phone" when you landed in the US.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Soundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really niceSoundman is just really nice

Originally Posted by md95065
Just a friendly reminder that your "mobile" turned into a "cell phone" when you landed in the US.
That's why it will not charge on a U.S. charger!

Get a Nokia usb charger for your phone..my 2p worth.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:48 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Did you buy the US version of the charger specifically designed for the model of the phone you are using or just some random Nokia charger? Bit confused as charger plugs shouldn't be that different for the same model phone.

There is a store all over Southern Cal called 'Frys'. It's basically a geek superstore (I mean, if you need Solar Panels or remote control robot parts or, well--whatever).

They might have a charger that works and/or some adaptor that could make whatever charger you do have work.

One other suggestion--if you have a car you may want to purchase a car / cigarette lighter charger for your phone. That way when you get back to the UK you don't end up with 2 chargers but 1 car charger and 1 home charger.

Good luck.
http://shop3.frys.com/ac/storelocato...AgUgTw**.node3
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Just go to your nearest Walmart and check there. There should be an aisle with just chargers. Even the tips are exposed so you can try out which one fits your cellphone.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Go to Radio Shack. They have a charger arrangement whereby you by a generic charger and then there are a selection of connections for different types of phone. Worked fine for my N95. Should be around $20.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Go to Radio Shack. They have a charger arrangement whereby you by a generic charger and then there are a selection of connections for different types of phone. Worked fine for my N95. Should be around $20.
Thanks i will give it a go, we bought a nokia charger from WM but it would not power the thing, it needs the umphhh!!!! oft he british PSU

Steve
Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Probably has to do with the difference in 110 vs. 220 volts, not the actual physical connection of the charger.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the charger is borked. You should take it back and get another.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Probably has to do with the difference in 110 vs. 220 volts, not the actual physical connection of the charger.
Erm, not likely.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:40 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Phones are charged on low-voltage DC power. Regardless of whether the power coming out of the wall is 110/120 or 220/240, the charger should step it down to something less than 6 volts before it goes into the phone.

The problem is with the charger or the wall socket. I'd try using a different wall plug, and if that doesn't work, exchange the charger.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Most electronic transformers these days are multi-voltage. We carried one of our mobiles in baggage to Germany two years back [to use on a NY sojourn on our way back]. My wife had left her phone on [note that the British Air 747 managed to make it from LAX to HRW with no problem]. We charged it up in Berlin with no problem [phone could not be used --CDMA not used in Europe].

Same thing with laptops.

The only thing needed was the plug adaptor.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Most electronic transformers these days are multi-voltage. We carried one of our mobiles in baggage to Germany two years back [to use on a NY sojourn on our way back]. My wife had left her phone on [note that the British Air 747 managed to make it from LAX to HRW with no problem]. We charged it up in Berlin with no problem [phone could not be used --CDMA not used in Europe].

Same thing with laptops.

The only thing needed was the plug adaptor.
Well, I guess Verizon is behind the times (and I'm stuck with them since there's no other company w/reception in my area) cuz our chargers are most certainly not international without a separate transformer (besides the fact that they won't work overseas anyways). I thought a device had to have some kind of a switch to change from 110/220, and if there was no switch, it was not able to switch voltages?

My 2 yr Sony camcorder is not dual voltage either. I have to have a separate transformer to plug it into the wall. The only electronic devices I've ever seen with dual voltage are laptops and men's shavers. Guess we don't buy too many other electronics these days & haven't been exposed to any that have the capability. My bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.