Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

No visa appointments available in London

No visa appointments available in London

Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Lulemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No visa appointments available in London

I'm trying to book a visa appointment at the US embassy in London for my B1/B2 visa. I've completed my DS160 but the appointment scheduling page says there are no current appointments available in London. The calendar shows no appointment days available for the whole of 2020!

I would be willing to travel to Belfast where there are appointments available but I selected London as my city of choice on my DS160 form and it cant be edited now I've submitted it so I'm stuck with London.

I've been repeatedly checking the appointment page for availability but no luck. Does anyone have any tips or success stories after seeing this same message?

Old Feb 12th 2020, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No visa appointments available in London

Keep checking multiple times per day
Old Feb 12th 2020, 1:46 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

New dates are released in blocks - so the near dates are already booked and the later dates in 2020 are not yet available to be booked. Per Tom's advice, cancellations can pop up at any time, hence the advice to check very frequently throughout the day.

Please can you tell us why you're applying for a B1/B2? Are you ineligible for VWP/ESTA?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Lulemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
New dates are released in blocks - so the near dates are already booked and the later dates in 2020 are not yet available to be booked. Per Tom's advice, cancellations can pop up at any time, hence the advice to check very frequently throughout the day.

Please can you tell us why you're applying for a B1/B2? Are you ineligible for VWP/ESTA?
My ESTA was denied so I had to take this route.

Thanks I will continue to keep on checking.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Shade2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently had to book an appointment just before Christmas and I had to keep checking daily for available slots, as mentioned above they are released in blocks and so its a case of keep checking. I was looking everyday for about 3 weeks before a block came up for me but that was just before Christmas so that may have been the reason for the longer wait. Hope you get an apopintment soon
Old Feb 13th 2020, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Chris99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lulemon
I'm trying to book a visa appointment at the US embassy in London for my B1/B2 visa. I've completed my DS160 but the appointment scheduling page says there are no current appointments available in London. The calendar shows no appointment days available for the whole of 2020!

I would be willing to travel to Belfast where there are appointments available but I selected London as my city of choice on my DS160 form and it cant be edited now I've submitted it so I'm stuck with London.

I've been repeatedly checking the appointment page for availability but no luck. Does anyone have any tips or success stories after seeing this same message?
I had the same problem when I tried to get an appointment in London initially. Then, I was lucky and when I checked 10 minutes later, I found one appointment towards end of March. It was the only one for the entire year, presumably someone just cancelled it. I just took it as I will be travelling and won't be able to attend for interview before mid-March anyway.
Wish you luck in finding one soon.

Last edited by Chris99; Feb 13th 2020 at 6:21 pm.