'NO TRACE' on ACPO check.

Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'NO TRACE' on ACPO check.

So my query was that I'll be applying for my Immigrant Visa soon and was worried about not mentioning a careless driving conviction on my previous J1 Visa.
I sent my ACPO application to double check exactly what my conviction was(It was 10 years ago and couldn't quite remember all the details).

The police records came back with NO TRACE on it. I ticked YES on the application to ever having a conviction and gave them the details I could remember of the prang in my car. I gave them the date, my car registration, the location of the accident blah blah

What are peoples opinions?

I have no problem with stating my accident on my visa app but if theres nothing on me how can I prove it happened?

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'NO TRACE' on ACPO check.

Originally Posted by AlistairL
I have no problem with stating my accident on my visa app but if theres nothing on me how can I prove it happened?
Definitely you have to state the conviction on your immigrant visa applications. You can prove it happened by providing court records, police records, or whatever else you have in paperwork regarding the incident. If you have nothing, you should go get official court records. If you absolutely have nothing at all, or can't obtain any proof, just go ahead and list it on your visa applications and then answer any questions the ConOff will have regarding the incident. If she needs something more, she'll let you know.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Definitely you have to state the conviction on your immigrant visa applications. You can prove it happened by providing court records, police records, or whatever else you have in paperwork regarding the incident. If you have nothing, you should go get official court records. If you absolutely have nothing at all, or can't obtain any proof, just go ahead and list it on your visa applications and then answer any questions the ConOff will have regarding the incident. If she needs something more, she'll let you know.

Rene
Thanks. I'm from a small town in Scotland and now live in London. How could i get a hold of the court records?

I have absolutely nothing on the accident.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:18 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'm from a small town in Scotland and now live in London. How could i get a hold of the court records?

I have sent a PM...ex copper that may have info to help you.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

call the station that delt with you, tell them you want all the information and they will give you their central office address....call them and request the info, i think they do everything through the post anyway. that's how it works in Lancashire, i guess it would be the same a few hours up the M6
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ja5on
call the station that delt with you, tell them you want all the information and they will give you their central office address....call them and request the info, i think they do everything through the post anyway. that's how it works in Lancashire, i guess it would be the same a few hours up the M6
Thanks.

I called the county sheriffs court house where i got the fine and penalty points and they're going to send out the information regarding my accident and conviction.

I just hope it doesn't screw up my application when they see I failed to do this on my previous visa application.