Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

'No live trace'- additional documents? HELP!!

'No live trace'- additional documents? HELP!!

Old Nov 7th 2014, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Joseph10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 'No live trace'- additional documents? HELP!!

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
OK. Seems as though your minor theft did indeed qualify for one of the exceptions, as you haven't needed a waiver of ineligibility for the B2.

I wouldn't worry unduly about the interview. You will have your passport containing the visa with you anyway, which should allow the consular officer to cross reference and verify the particulars of your previous application, including the offence details.

Plus you can also show the ACPO certificate and your enhanced DBS check as evidence that there's been no other recent offending.

In my opinion, the worst thing that can happen is that they issue you with a request for an SAR. The best case scenario is that this latest application will succeed as quickly and fuss free as the prior B2 did.
Thanks- appreciate your take on this. I agree with that summary and having spoken to a (lovely) lady who works for ACRO, I was encouraged that in her opinion my enhanced DBS, previous visa (B2), sworn statement and own testimony of the offence will suffice. I hope so as I have my flight booked ready for my wife's birthday and any delay will also cause me to miss xmas and New year with her.

On the other hand I have read many instances of folk who, in similar situations had been required to provide a SAR... fingers crossed I guess!
Old Nov 7th 2014, 6:06 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

As a general rule, one must go to the interview even if a further document may be required. What happens is the ConOff says "visa denied" and then sets out the corrective action. Usually, once the missing document is provided, no further interview will be held.

For all one knows, the ConOff may just say fine and dandy and issue visa. Strange things can happen.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Joseph10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
As a general rule, one must go to the interview even if a further document may be required. What happens is the ConOff says "visa denied" and then sets out the corrective action. Usually, once the missing document is provided, no further interview will be held.

For all one knows, the ConOff may just say fine and dandy and issue visa. Strange things can happen.
Hi S Folinsky, thanks for your replay. My understanding is that the ConOff may also approve the visa PENDING the outcome of the corrective outcome. I.e- issue the visa once the SAR arrives
Old Nov 7th 2014, 10:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Notionally speaking, it would count as a "refusal" which you can then "overcome." As a practical matter, it is a "pending" application.