No DCF - advice please

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

pamelak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No DCF - advice please

I just contacted the Consulate and they will not do DCF so I need some advice, please.

My story:
My fiance came to the US on a K visa. We were married and then filed for AOS/EAD/AP. He had a family emergency and had to leave abruptly without his AP (thanks for the timely processing BCIS), etc. So now he is back home and I'm here in the US.

My question:
When I file the I-130 should I attach a letter explaining the situation along with copies of my hubby's NOAs from the AOS filing? Or should I just let them figure it out when they see his passport copies?

My concern is that this will drag out the processing time, that someone will have to go back and find the AOS filing (submitted end of May '03) and this will add more time.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you,
Pamela
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 9:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No DCF - advice please

Originally posted by pamelak
I just contacted the Consulate and they will not do DCF so I need some advice, please.

My story:
My fiance came to the US on a K visa. We were married and then filed for AOS/EAD/AP. He had a family emergency and had to leave abruptly without his AP (thanks for the timely processing BCIS), etc. So now he is back home and I'm here in the US.

My question:
When I file the I-130 should I attach a letter explaining the situation along with copies of my hubby's NOAs from the AOS filing? Or should I just let them figure it out when they see his passport copies?

My concern is that this will drag out the processing time, that someone will have to go back and find the AOS filing (submitted end of May '03) and this will add more time.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you,
Pamela
hi Pamela,
I don't have an answer re your AOS documents, but I suspect that both files will have to be merged at some point. Logic tells me that it would be good to make them aware of your previous filings, but since when has logic had anything to do with this process?!

I still encourage you to write a persuasive email to the Consul himself in Jamaica (or alternately, try on the phone and keep asking for someone higher up the chain of command). Due to the high fraud rate at that Consulate, I'm not surprised that the front-line answer you got was negative. However, I still think that your case is 'different' enough for them to grant an exception *which they have the power to do*.

Remember that saleswoman stuff?