News About the AP

Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:22 am

bigz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation News About the AP

i was'nt 100% sure where to put this, so if its in the wrong place, please one of the mods, put it where it should be, thanks..
okay my wife rang the INS for some information today and if we want to travel me and her have to get the AP (Advanced Parole) to travel to my home country but they told her that its not guaranteed for her even though she is a USC to get back in her home country on return.
Thanks,

Last edited by Bob; Nov 16th 2005 at 3:41 am. Reason: couldn't read the stupid font size/colour
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News About the AP

Originally Posted by bigz
i was'nt 100% sure where to put this, so if its in the wrong place, please one of the mods, put it where it should be, thanks..
okay my wife rang the INS for some information today and if we want to travel me and her have to get the AP (Advanced Parole) to travel to my home country but they told her that its not guaranteed for her even though she is a USC to get back in her home country on return.
Thanks,
As a USC, your wife won't have a problem, presuming your the non-USC, so if your in AOS precedings, then yes, you will need AP to get back into the US, it isn't guaranteed, but that's what you need. If you've had any overstay on a previous visa, then it won't help you, and you shouldn't travel.

And it ain't the INS anymore, they are USCIS.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Hi,

You will need AP in order to travel after you've submitted AOS. Apply for the AP along with your AOS. It takes about 2 to 3 months to receive the AP so you can travel.

Your wife, as a USC, does not need AP to travel. The only thing she needs is a passport and perhaps a visa if one is required.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

You will need AP in order to travel after you've submitted AOS. Apply for the AP along with your AOS. It takes about 2 to 3 months to receive the AP so you can travel.

Your wife, as a USC, does not need AP to travel. The only thing she needs is a passport and perhaps a visa if one is required.

Best Wishes,
Rene
well we rang yesturday and becky was on the phone with them for a good 30mins or so talking about the AP and that SHE will need one because of her name change and status change, and that she not 100% that she will be able to get back into to the country because all that... and there are the persons words, that becky spoke to

Originally Posted by Bob
As a USC, your wife won't have a problem, presuming your the non-USC, so if your in AOS precedings, then yes, you will need AP to get back into the US, it isn't guaranteed, but that's what you need. If you've had any overstay on a previous visa, then it won't help you, and you shouldn't travel.

And it ain't the INS anymore, they are USCIS.
Thats what i ment sorry lol
Thanks,
Kurt & Becky
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well we rang yesturday and becky was on the phone with them for a good 30mins or so talking about the AP and that SHE will need one because of her name change and status change, and that she not 100% that she will be able to get back into to the country because all that... and there are the persons words, that becky spoke to

half the time, that 1800 is a waste of time, there contract workers and more often than not, don't have a clue.

Your wife just needs a passport and if the tickets are in married name, then perhaps wedding certificate if the passport hasn't been updated...she wouldn't need the AP, but you would.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:52 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Thanks,

In my time on this site, the AP questions always seem to be the most annoying for everyone, as there are just to many unknowns...

Like Bob and Renee said, your question is an open and closed one:

the USC does not need AP
but the non-USC with a pending AOS application wishing to travel outside the US does need AP for their return.

-Sean
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Kurt & Becky
Hi Kurt,

Sorry Becky spent all that time on the phone talking to someone with little to no knowledge of immigration matters. Your best bets for getting questions answered are through www.uscis.gov and this forum.

Bottom line is, Becky does NOT need AP to travel. She is a USC, and as long as she takes proof of her name change (in case her passport does not match her ID), she will be fine to travel.

YOU can travel once you have AP in hand, which takes a few months after applying for AOS (assuming you apply for AP at the same time).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:46 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kurt,

Becky and the USCIS Mis-information folks had a communication problem.

Becky does not need AP, and she's had no change of status in the immigration sense. At least not on the basis of any information that you've provided. Her name change is not relevant to anything (and she's still entitled to use her maiden name whenever and wherever she might want as long as it's not for illegal purpose).

Regards, JEff

Thanks,
Kurt & Becky
Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:35 pm

Thankyou, great to have people to help us out on this journey
Hi Kurt,

Sorry Becky spent all that time on the phone talking to someone with little to no knowledge of immigration matters. Your best bets for getting questions answered are through www.uscis.gov and this forum.

Bottom line is, Becky does NOT need AP to travel. She is a USC, and as long as she takes proof of her name change (in case her passport does not match her ID), she will be fine to travel.

YOU can travel once you have AP in hand, which takes a few months after applying for AOS (assuming you apply for AP at the same time).

Best Wishes,
Rene
and rene, it was a INS or USCI person she talked to she told us to look out for these warnings as these will be coming in effect... so i dunno,
Thanks once again,
Kurt & Becky
Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:45 pm

and rene, it was a INS or USCI person she talked to she told us to look out for these warnings as these will be coming in effect... so i dunno,
Thanks once again,
Kurt & Becky
Kurt & Becky,

The people that you talk to when you call the 800-misinformation line, are just contract workers for USCIS. They are not knowledgeable about immigration procedures. Their advice is not to be trusted. You can call them 3 times in a row and get 3 different answers. If you sincerely need to get an answer from the 800 line, keep asking for the higher person up the chain until you actually speak with a USCIS officer. It's easier and more reliable just to ask on here.

Rene
Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:50 pm

Kurt & Becky,

The people that you talk to when you call the 800-misinformation line, are just contract workers for USCIS. They are not knowledgeable about immigration procedures. Their advice is not to be trusted. You can call them 3 times in a row and get 3 different answers. If you sincerely need to get an answer from the 800 line, keep asking for the higher person up the chain until you actually speak with a USCIS officer. It's easier and more reliable just to ask on here.

Rene

i know it is and im very thankfull for everything everyone has help to figure out with us even if times we have asked dumbs questions lol *Hugsssssssssssssss* all of you!!
THanks,
Kurt & Becky
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:43 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Kurt & Becky,

The people that you talk to when you call the 800-misinformation line, are just contract workers for USCIS. They are not knowledgeable about immigration procedures. Their advice is not to be trusted.

It's easier and more reliable just to ask on here.

Rene
Are you saying legal advice rendered in news groups by total strangers who are not attorneys and who don't bother asking the appropriate questions "before" rendering their legal opinion is always to be trusted and is always more reliable (I'll give you the easier part though)?
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Are you saying legal advice rendered in news groups by total strangers who are not attorneys and who don't bother asking the appropriate questions "before" rendering their legal opinion is always to be trusted and is always more reliable (I'll give you the easier part though)?
From what I've seen by the answers people get from the 800 number and the answers people get on this forum, I would say that the answers on this forum are more accurate than those given by the 800 number. I didn't mention "always".

That said, a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney is always the best route to take to get first-hand, accurate, legal advice.

Rene
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Rene can speak for herself, but as someone reading her posts I do not get the impression that she is saying this at all!

Edited to add: Just seen Rene has beaten me to it!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:48 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Hi Matthew,

I think the point Rene was trying to make was that the OP stands a better chance to receiving more accurate information from people in this forum who are going through the exact same immigration process, rather than trusting some contracted USCIS employee assigned to handle phone calls on the
1-800 number.

Well, that's how I interpret her advice anyway

-Sean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.