Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New Uscis Fee Change 04/30/04 !!!!!

New Uscis Fee Change 04/30/04 !!!!!

Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Mrlana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Uscis Fee Change 04/30/04 !!!!!

Hi everyone. I just came across a US Gov. web page that has posted all the new fee changes??? Is this true??? They are changing in few days??? Does anyone know anything? Is I-751 going to be $200 now???

Here is the web page I found it on:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...eStructure.pdf
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Uscis Fee Change 04/30/04 !!!!!

Originally posted by Mrlana
Hi everyone. I just came across a US Gov. web page that has posted all the new fee changes??? Is this true??? They are changing in few days??? Does anyone know anything? Is I-751 going to be $200 now???

Here is the web page I found it on:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...eStructure.pdf

Yes, it is true. Has been talked about indepth in regards as to what constitutes mailing/receipt date if mailed close to the 30th of April.

If that is the new fee, then that is what you will have to pay as of April 30th.

Rete
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrlana
Sorry I didn't know it was talked about, I just joined this forum today, but any way thanks a lot for the reply. I was definitely going to be screwed. I already had a check prepaired with the old fee.

NP. Any reminder for those that are newbies or only infrequent visitors is always welcome.

Nothing to tearing up a check and writing out a new one. Now if it were a money order.

A suggestion since you are new. Why not run the list of what you are sending to the newsgroup and see if the feedback finds anything wanting.

Rete
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:26 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete Yes, it is true. Has been talked about in depth in regards as to what constitutes mailing/receipt date if mailed close to the 30th of April.
If that is the new fee, then that is what you will have to pay as of April 30th.
Rete
I received some news from AILA/USCIS today (thank you AILA) about this issue. What about packages postmarked on the 29th or earlier, but that don’t get fee'd in at the Service Center until sometime on or after the 30th, and what will they do for a package postmarked before the 30th, but that has included the "new" fee?

The USCIS has indicated that if they receive a case on or after April 30 and it has the new fee attached, they will accept the case (assuming it is otherwise acceptable for filing). If the envelope is postmarked before April 30, they will accept the old filing fee, even if they physically receive the envelope after the new fees have become effective.

For envelopes postmarked before April 30 that contain a new filing fee amount, they will "hold the case" until the new filing fee is in effect. They do however make an exception to their holding a case until the new fees are in effect for cases containing a request for premium processing (premium processing is an option in the H-1B employment visa context, so this should not be of concern for most people who visit this news group). If a premium processing case is postmarked before April 30 and includes the new fee, it will be returned.