new police certicate ,good news

Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

haircutters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new police certicate ,good news

its been a while since i checked in ,received my first packet from us london embassy today 8mar 08, it took 3 months filed i 130 on 3 dec 07 , there was a small half page slip added to the packet ,stating ..effective 15 feb 08 you are required to obtain a police certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers .
since i had already got the old cert and waited 28 days for , iwas not pleased ,thinking had 2 wait more time for new one , but once read all details on the web site they provided www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp They are sayiny the new one will only take 10 days (£35)... not up to 40 days like the old one ,,, You can also pay £70 and get an express one in 2 days .
HOPE THEY ARE TRUE TO THERE WORD ... will be apappalling on monday will let you know...

getting close now, couple more months i figure,
hope this helps ... later
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new police certicate ,good news

I'm not too happy about the whole new certificate thing, I already sent off for my police certificate via the old process BEFORE they changed it, now it seems I will need to pay again for the new certificate and no doubt I won't get a refund for the other. Also the old one was a lot easier to get, the new one needs photos and someone to certify that it's you etc like your doctor, no doubt they will want money to do that.

Will see what happens when my I-130 comes back, that's 6-8 weeks away though for us.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

At least your immigration process is accepting the new forms. Over on the Canada forums we are having a wonderful time where it seems that every local police office is directing you to ACPO (some naughty ones even telling people that the subject access check is no longer available) but it seems that Canadian immigration are sometimes accepting them , sometimes not !!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

PhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nice

Mine took just four working days to come back. I'm really grateful to the person who posted the news on here, as I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhilG
Mine took just four working days to come back. I'm really grateful to the person who posted the news on here, as I wouldn't have known otherwise.
oh, ha ha! You DID see this.. I just asked you elsewhere if you had.

You would have known when your packet came from the Consulate; as shown above they're including a note in the document packet informing you of the new certificate.
They're not trying to trick anyone.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

matt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nice

some interesting news over the last few days regarding the new certificate..

it seems the people that are on packet 1 etc.. are getting the news of the new police check now.

i posted my final 'ready for the interview' checklist on february 6th, got my interview date letter on 28th february (interview march 14th) and it did not come with any attachments regarding the new police check (i even checked my envelope again just incase i'd missed it!).

i understand from other posts that the attachment slip states the 15th february as the new date for the acro police certificate to come into force...

nice.

i also didn't receive any information at all regarding the medical in packet 4 other than i 'would need one'.. the location of the medical centre and their phone number to arrange the appointment would still be a mystery to me if i hadn't found it via a forum.

if you do just simply 'hold out' and do everything according to some of the rather limited instructions you get in the various packets then you wouldn't get very far.

they may not be tricking anyone but awkwardness comes as standard.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Lucy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
We sent in our 'we're ready/checklist' in January 08, got interview letter last week and interview in a few weeks time -

I just called the call center up in Scotland who said we did not need to apply for a new police certificate. Something about the old certificates being valid until April 08 (?).

Has anyone else gotten responses from the embassy via email or the call center?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

matt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nice

I just called the call center up in Scotland who said we did not need to apply for a new police certificate. Something about the old certificates being valid until April 08 (?).
this is the case (if by 08 you mean the year and not the 8th of the month)

i had my interview today and specifically asked when the old certificate would not be accepted.

the consular official in charge of my paperwork told me APRIL 15TH so it really couldn't have come from a better source!

i'll post my account of the interview process later and if anyone wants to p.m. me feel free and i'll try and help

ok.. better let my wife know the good news!