Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New immigration bill & retrogression?!!!

New immigration bill & retrogression?!!!

Old May 24th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New immigration bill & retrogression?!!!

Are there any provisions in the new immigration bill in the Senate that addresses the visa retrogression for employment-based applications?
Old May 25th 2006, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

feathers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New immigration bill & retrogression?!!!

Originally Posted by zico
Are there any provisions in the new immigration bill in the Senate that addresses the visa retrogression for employment-based applications?
Well nothing has been passed yet but the proposed legislation would increase the number of employment based green cards from 140,000 a year to I think 450,000 (it might be 490 I can't remember) It would also stop counting spouses against this number and there would be a more fair division among the EB categories of these visas. I think it would also allow visas to be reclaimed if there weren't used in a fiscal year.

That's my understanding of it, and I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people here than me. Anyway these measures would certainly help with retrogression by making a whole lot more green cards available each year.
Old May 26th 2006, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zico
Hi:

I'm sure the text of the bill is available on line. You might want to read it.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:35 pm
TCM
Just Joined

TCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I'm sure the text of the bill is available on line. You might want to read it.
I hope this is acceptable on this board, but there is a pretty good analysis on the Immigration Voice forum http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=963