New and desire help

Old May 11th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Ahmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New and desire help

I am new here in forum and seek advice. My employ is in Nevada. I marry an American and she supports my desire to have a green card. We know there to be many forms but we do not possess the kinds of money to employ a attorney for this. We know we must make applicant for I485 and I130 and finance support document. We have some problems. My wife does not earn enough to support me the way US requires. Can my income be added to hers. We have been married now 8 months. Also, does the wife have to live in same house. She is attending university in Utah at this time. I also want to go home to Cairo for maybe 2 months to take care of family business. What do I do. Finally can anyone tell me about UCIS interviews in Nevada.

Many thanks.

Ahmad
Old May 11th 2007, 6:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New and desire help

Originally Posted by Ahmad
I My wife does not earn enough to support me the way US requires. Can my income be added to hers.
Yes.

Also, does the wife have to live in same house. She is attending university in Utah at this time.
If she is temporarily living apart from you in order to attend school, that should be OK.

I also want to go home to Cairo for maybe 2 months to take care of family business. What do I do.
When you file your AOS paperwork, include form I-131 for AP. This will allow you to leave and return to the USA while your AOS is processing. Do not leave the USA until you have your AP document in-hand. If you have overstayed at anytime in the USA in the past, do not use AP at all. Wait until you have your green card to travel.

Finally can anyone tell me about UCIS interviews in Nevada.
AOS interviews are all pretty much the same. You and your wife appear at your local USCIS office, the officer asks questions, and you present your proof of joint life together. Be aware you may not get approved on the day of your interview, if your security checks are not yet complete.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 11th 2007, 6:06 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I am new here in forum and seek advice. My employ is in Nevada. I marry an American and she supports my desire to have a green card. We know there to be many forms but we do not possess the kinds of money to employ a attorney for this. We know we must make applicant for I485 and I130 and finance support document. We have some problems. My wife does not earn enough to support me the way US requires. Can my income be added to hers. We have been married now 8 months. Also, does the wife have to live in same house. She is attending university in Utah at this time. I also want to go home to Cairo for maybe 2 months to take care of family business. What do I do. Finally can anyone tell me about UCIS interviews in Nevada.

Many thanks.

Ahmad

On what visa did you arrive?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

Ahmad
What type of visa did you arrive to the US with, and what is your current immigration status?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Ahmad is an unknown quantity at this point

H1B still

in US 2years
Old May 12th 2007, 12:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

H1B still

in US 2years
AFAIK you can continue to travel on your valid H1b visa after applying for AOS, ie you do not need AP. However, if you also apply for employment authorization, you would need AP once you use the EAD.

Maybe a one-time consultation with an immigration attorney would be advisable to make sure you have all your options straight. This should not cost more than a couple of hundred $$$ and might be money well spent.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

H1B still

in US 2years
OK, well, you can NOT afford to go ahead and file papers without knowing what you are donig. Do as Elvira suggests and see a lawyer for a one time consultation.

You must understand VERY clearly what you must do and what you can do as an H-1B adjusting status.
If you stay in your H-1B job, your AOS packet can cost you less money.

Do your research before you leave the US!