Nervous Breakdown on WVP

Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:32 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nervous Breakdown on WVP

Threads never go well when the OP asks a question and then instantly disagrees with all answers and professes to know the correct answer himself.

Synapse321, you asked a couple of questions with pretty straightforward yes/no answers. To paraphrase:

Q: Was I right to check the box that said I had a mental disorder?
A: Yes, according to most replies here, your nervous breakdown was classed as a mental disorder at the time.

Q: Will I have to check the mental disorder box every time I enter in future, although I've recovered?
A: No, according to all replies here. You are recovered, and therefore no longer have a mental disorder.

By the way, according to your view of the situation you will go to secondary either way. If you keep checking the box, you'll get secondary so they can ask you about your disorder. If you don't check the box and they decide that this is a misrepresentation because you checked it before, you'll go to secondary so they can ask you why you didn't check the box this time.

According to everyone else's views, if you don't check the box you won't go to secondary. If they're right, you'll be fine. If they're wrong, you'll go to secondary just like you would have done in either of your scenarios above.

Which makes it a pretty pointless thing to be arguing about!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:42 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

They may not even get on the plane if they check YES to mental disorder. ESTA could be shot down. They are really looking for specific, dangerous, mental disorders. They aren't trying to filter out dyslexics, stutterers, people with ADD, or bed wetters.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:44 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
They may not even get on the plane if they check YES to mental disorder. ESTA could be shot down. They are really looking for specific, dangerous, mental disorders. They aren't trying to filter out dyslexics, stutterers, people with ADD, or bed wetters.
Good thing too, judging by the inhabitants of BE!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Dyslectics of the world, Untie!!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

synapse321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your replies.

I apologise for asking questions and then appearing to disagree with the posters above.

With regards to my situation, I will leave it on ice for now and come back to it at a later time as I am still undecided.

Regards