Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Need visa to go to US for job interview

Need visa to go to US for job interview

Old Sep 22nd 2001, 11:33 pm
Vlad

Hello,

I am Canadian Landed Immigrant with Russian passport. I need to go to USA for a job
interview - if company likes me they would essue H1B working visa for me.

What kind of visa can I get to be able enter US from Canada. I would prefire multiple
entry because I want to keep looking for job in US.

On visa interview if I tell US official that I want to go to US to look for a job
would he deny me a visa? What should I better tell him?

Would appreciate any response, Vlad.

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 12:05 am
Andrew Miller

If you are newly landed Canadian PR (less than 6 months as a Canadian PR) then it is
highly unlikely that US consulate will issue you a visitor visa. You must provide
evidence of well established residency and strong ties to Canada - especially a
steady, permanent job, before they will consider giving you a visa.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 10:03 pm
Hashim

Hi Andrew, My understanding is Canadian Landed immigrant does not need a US Visa just
to visit US for a few days ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

>
then
    >
must
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am Canadian Landed Immigrant with Russian passport. I need to go to USA for a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > job interview - if company likes me they would essue H1B working visa for me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What kind of visa can I get to be able enter US from Canada. I would prefire[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > multiple entry because I want to keep looking for job in US.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > On visa interview if I tell US official that I want to go to US to look for a job[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > would he deny me a visa? What should I better tell him?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Would appreciate any response, Vlad.[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 11:09 pm
Andrew Miller

You are wrong.

Only Canadian PR who are also citizens of the Commonwealth countries don't need a
visa stamp in their passport to go to US port of entry and ask for admission. Every
other Canadian PR who is a citizen of the country not on the US visa waiver list
requires visa stamp in the passport prior to going to the border and asking for
admission to US. Final decision is always made by the immigration officer at the
border and it is quite common for US immigration officers not to grant entry to those
citizens of Commonwealth countries who are newly landed Canadian PR. Every person
asking for temporary entry to US must meet admission criteria - the most important
are the substantial ties to the country of residence, and this is why newly landed PR
who cannot for obvious reasons provide strong evidence of ties to Canada are in most
cases refused entry.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > If you are newly landed Canadian PR (less than 6 months as a Canadian PR)[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > it is highly unlikely that US consulate will issue you a visitor visa. You[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > provide evidence of well established residency and strong ties to Canada -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > especially a steady, permanent job, before they will consider giving you a visa.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hello,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I am Canadian Landed Immigrant with Russian passport. I need to go to USA for a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > job interview - if company likes me they would essue H1B working visa for me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > What kind of visa can I get to be able enter US from Canada. I would prefire[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > multiple entry because I want to keep looking for job in US.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > On visa interview if I tell US official that I want to go to US to look for a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > job would he deny me a visa? What should I better tell him?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Would appreciate any response, Vlad.[/usenetquote2]