need some pointers plz

Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

marknic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need some pointers plz

Hi all my brother wife and myself are looking at moving to the US to start a branch of milsim games ,from which will hopefully turn into a head franchize office once it picks up. We estimate once up and running we could have as many as 1000 franchizes across US within 2 yrs. Any advice on what sort of visa would be best to go for would be appreciated. At the moment i am a printer my wife a accountant assistant and brother a graphic designer. This is all so confusing some people tell us it best to get an immigration lawer, some say not to .
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need some pointers plz

You don't have many options there, the best one for you seems to be the one described under "money" in Pulaski's Ways Wiki.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

You'll need to plough $150k minimum into a business. I also doubt that this would extend to your brother unless he did the same (seperately). However, I'm not well versed in this kind of visa so someone else will be along to confirm/deny....
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the thread.Do you know if its putting 150k into an existing company or the one we intend to start?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what "milsim games" are...
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marknic
thanks for the thread.Do you know if its putting 150k into an existing company or the one we intend to start?

your talking about an E-2 visa...read the FAQ here
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Milsim games are military simulation is a new product that is no were else in the world it is that good the US military are looking to use it to train with. It is up and running in uk and is nearly selling out 7 days a wk
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:29 pm
Ray

Milsim games are military simulation is a new product that is no were else in the world it is that good the US military are looking to use it to train with. It is up and running in uk and is nearly selling out 7 days a wk
Far to advanced for me...Do you have worldwide rights to it ...
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

The guy who runs it in the uk has the rights to it. It is also connected to ubisoft which is a games company (Xbox PS3 etc)as the event is ghost recon and rainbow six plus it has connections to tru spec who produce us military clothing.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:56 pm
Ray

The guy who runs it in the uk has the rights to it. It is also connected to ubisoft which is a games company (Xbox PS3 etc)as the event is ghost recon and rainbow six plus it has connections to tru spec who produce us military clothing.
Then you would need US rights to it presumably .without that
you won't get far..

A chat with the Immigration Lawyer I gave may be worth it
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

If we can get into the US we would be the head office and run all franchizes and our own site and so anyone wanting to start up would have to come to us. There are over 100,000 paintball and airsoft sights in the US and this is far more realistic and advanced.Thanks for the help
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:05 pm
Ray

If we can get into the US we would be the head office and run all franchizes and our own site and so anyone wanting to start up would have to come to us. There are over 100,000 paintball and airsoft sights in the US and this is far more realistic and advanced.Thanks for the help
If you have all the paperwork re rights ..you are well in hand ....
just need a visit to get offices sorted before you apply for visa
and show your investment
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

....and you're discussing your ideas in detail on a public internet forum.....hmmm.....I'll be moving to the US in myself in a few weeks.....race you?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

You wouldn't be able to do it as guy in charge is a friend and has people willing to do it in US but would prefer us to do it as he trusts and knows us! sorry mate
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

What I'm saying is there's nothing stopping me starting up a "similar" business.

I have no interest in that kind of thing, just saying it's wiser not to put too many details on a public internet forum.

Just because you may have "rights" to something in the UK, doesn't mean you have them in the US.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
doesn't mean you have them in the US.
clearly!

http://www.milsimgames.com/events.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.