Need some guidance

Old Mar 28th 2002, 3:05 am
James Donovan

Default Re: Need some guidance

"DUCHSKI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks everybody for your help here. As somebody said after ten years in the US her
    > home is here, and before
you
    > rush to judge anybody think about your past seven tax returns...

I'm not judging her, but the law is the law. I fully sympathize with her but what can
I do? The law says that if you are an illegal alien you will be deported and banned
from the United States.

> Lighten up folks, this county was build by the immigrants for immigrants, and lets
    > just all be gratefull Indians did not invent INS.

By the way, what is so wrong with her going back home to her home country? I would
understand if her country is somewhere like Afghanistan, in which case she would
probably be eligible for Asylum. But if not, then why can't she make a good life back
home where she was born? Ten years in the USA is not a long time considering she has
spent her first 15 years of her life in her home country. People make changes to
their lives all the time. Immigrants who immigrate here give up their lifestyles in
their home countries to come to the US. Why can't she give up the US lifestyle and go
back home?

Old Mar 28th 2002, 10:35 am
Haliuna

>We don't forgive murderers, thieves and other criminals, why should we forgive
    >someone who jumps our borders?

Let's not jump into conclusions without knowing the facts. Her friend didn't say how
she entered the US.

>
    >
    > I went home. Straight back to America. I was born here. I am supposed to be here.
    > She is not. She has no ties to the US other than living here illegally for the last
    > 15 years.

Let's say she has a child in the States, that child would say just the same thing as
you did. Would he be any different than you are? And would you separate the child
from the mother? I don't think so, there are a lot of complicated issues that can't
be solved by saying "go back home"

Old Mar 28th 2002, 11:35 am
Philotsopher

"James Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > "DUCHSKI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks everybody for your help here. As somebody said after ten years in the US
    > > her home is here, and before
    > you
    > > rush to judge anybody think about your past seven tax returns...
    >
    > I'm not judging her, but the law is the law. I fully sympathize with her but what
    > can I do? The law says that if you are an illegal alien you will be deported and
    > banned from the United States.
    >

You may have a legal visa, but you came here by defrauding the system. What makes you
think you have a right to be in the US?

--
Just say no to H-1B A C T N O W www.ZaZona.com - Get the facts on H-1B
www.automationmatrix.com - LCA Database Analysis www.HireAmericanCitizens.org Hire
American Citizens www.programmersguild.org The Programmers Guild www.NoMoreH1B.org No
More H-1B Protest http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.html - Debunking the Myth of IT
Labor Shortages

Old Mar 28th 2002, 11:35 am
James Donovan

"Haliuna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >We don't forgive murderers, thieves and other criminals, why should we forgive
    > >someone who jumps our borders?
    >
    > Let's not jump into conclusions without knowing the facts. Her friend didn't say
    > how she entered the US.

As I said, if she entered the US on a visa, she can be forgiven if she marries a US
citizen. If she entered illegally, she has no choice but to go back home.

> > I went home. Straight back to America. I was born here. I am supposed
to
    > > be here. She is not. She has no ties to the US other than living here illegally
    > > for the last 15 years.
    >
    > Let's say she has a child in the States, that child would say just the same thing
    > as you did. Would he be any different than you are? And would you separate the
    > child from the mother?

No. The child can go back home with her, since the child would be a citizen of her
country as well.

> I don't think so, there are a lot of complicated issues that can't be solved by
    > saying "go back home"

I don't think so. If we allowed everyone who overstayed here amnesty our population
would soon be out of control. Please see www.numbersusa.org for more information.

Old Mar 28th 2002, 12:35 pm
James Donovan

"Philotsopher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:4_No8.329$%[email protected]...

> You may have a legal visa, but you came here by defrauding the system.

How is being born here "defrauding the system"? And you are dead wrong. I have no
visa. I don't need one.

> What makes you think you have a right to be in the US?

Because I'm a citizen and I was born here? That's a valid enough reason.

Old Mar 28th 2002, 9:26 pm
Philotsopher

"James Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news[email protected]...
    >
    > "Haliuna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > I don't think so. If we allowed everyone who overstayed here amnesty our population
    > would soon be out of control. Please see www.numbersusa.org
for
    > more information.
    >
Donovan's post makes sense - and it's a pleasant surprise to see him use NumbersUSA
as a reference. What puzzles me is that he is Mr. Pro Immigration of any kind at
alt.computer.consultants. Perhaps he just likes to cause trouble wherever he is. A
classic troll.
--
Just say no to H-1B A C T N O W www.ZaZona.com - Get the facts on H-1B
www.automationmatrix.com - LCA Database Analysis www.HireAmericanCitizens.org Hire
American Citizens www.programmersguild.org The Programmers Guild www.NoMoreH1B.org No
More H-1B Protest http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.html - Debunking the Myth of IT
Labor Shortages