Need infos about DS-230 filling

Old May 4th 2006, 7:41 am
NOT A GENIOUS

genious is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Need infos about DS-230 filling

Salam, Hope you are fine sir, I m Islamabad-Pakistan, My case is IR-1 about to receive DS230 from NVC, but for practice i downloaded it for filling practice, please guide me about following items:

1. Family Name (is this caste?)

3. Full name in Native Alphabet(it says that write in Urdu? or...)
9. Marital Status ( i married once, so what should i tick, Single or Married?)
14. Maiden or family name? what i should write here.
17. Mothers Family name at birth? mother's name is same ever, then what should write here.

and Blanks should be filled as N/A?
1 and half month now NVC sent DS-230, but still waiting, is there any way to receive it quickly?
Thanking you

Last edited by genious; May 4th 2006 at 7:47 am. Reason: difficulties in filling out DS230
Old May 4th 2006, 3:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need infos about DS-230 filling

Originally Posted by genious
This is where you write your family name (last name).

Write your full name in whatever your native alphabet is...if it's Urdu, write it in Urdu.
If you are currently married, tick married.
If you are female, write your family name before marriage.

17. Mothers Family name at birth? mother's name is same ever, then what should write here.
Write whatever your mother's family name was at the time of her birth. If that's the same as it is now, then write that name.

Fill in the blanks with N/A where N/A applies, otherwise write "NONE".

1 and half month now NVC sent DS-230, but still waiting, is there any way to receive it quickly?
I doubt there's any way to speed up the process, especially if NVC has already sent the form to you, and it's on the way.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 4th 2006, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by genious
Salam, Hope you are fine sir, I m Islamabad-Pakistan, My case is IR-1 about to receive DS230 from NVC, but for practice i downloaded it for filling practice, please guide me about following items:

Thanking you
Hi:

1. The conversion of names to the US naming practices is a common problem. For my experience, it seems that the Consulate WILL accept your father's name as your "family name. So, lets say your name is Ahmed and your father is Mohammad you give your name as "Ahmed Mohammad" -- then its generally OK to say your "family name" is "Mohammad". However, do note the spaces for "other names" -- list all the variations of your name that you would normally use. I would suggest you look at your various documentation such as school records, passport, etc which give your identity for assistance in this one.

Again, the covnersion of names is a common problem. As long as you give all the variations, it should be no problem.

3. Urdu is just fine. This is to avoid problems in "transliteration" from non-Roman alphabets. [BTW, my own family name is a mispelling due to the fact that Yiddish uses the Hebrew alphabet in which one letter has two alternative sounds].

9. "Single" is for "never married." After that you are "married", "divorced" or "widowed"

17. If mother's name never changed, then just put in that name. In many cultures, a woman's name changes upon marriage, in many others it doesn't. Remember the form is generic to cover immigrants from all over the world.

"N/A" means "not applicable." If the answer to any question is "none" then use that word.

Shalom aliechem and good luck.
Old May 4th 2006, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
17. If mother's name never changed, then just put in that name. In many cultures, a woman's name changes upon marriage, in many others it doesn't. Remember the form is generic to cover immigrants from all over the world.
Another case where the mother's name doesn't change, is when she's a distant relative with the same last name as her husband. My husband's parents are related - distant cousins or something - and had the same family name even before marriage. I think that's pretty common in many Middle Eastern countries.

Rene
Old May 4th 2006, 4:20 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Another case where the mother's name doesn't change, is when she's a distant relative with the same last name as her husband. My husband's parents are related - distant cousins or something - and had the same family name even before marriage. I think that's pretty common in many Middle Eastern countries.
Dutch women keep their names for life. They can be known as Mrs so-and-so but as for legal name it's their birth name.
Old May 4th 2006, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My husband's parents are related - distant cousins or something - and had the same family name even before marriage. I think that's pretty common in many Middle Eastern countries.
Yah... that's pretty common in this part of Appalachia as well... but, y'know... too much of that leads to... um... unfortunate results!

Ian
Old May 4th 2006, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yah... that's pretty common in this part of Appalachia as well... but, y'know... too much of that leads to... um... unfortunate results!

Ian
Thank goodness I broke the bloodline, then! LOL

Rene
Old May 4th 2006, 7:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Having your cousins two hollers over isn't far enough away.