Need help: DV2002 interview

Old Mar 18th 2002, 9:35 pm
Daniel

Default Need help: DV2002 interview

I have a few questions and would appreciate your help.

I am currently on F-1 visa in USA, and I won DV2002 lottery. The consulate interview
has been scheduled. In addition, I received Canadian permanent resident visa recently
but I haven't landed.

1.Are my prospects of getting USA PR status (getting DV2002 immigration visa on the
interview) diminished by already having Canadian permanent resident visa documents?

2.Will an interviewer in the US consulate have access to the information that I hold
Canadian PR visa (no landing), and if yes what's the impact of that info on his
decision to grant me the US PR visa?

3. If there is a chance of rejecting my US PR visa due to having Canadian PR visa, I
would decide not to go to the interview (I would rather stay in US and complete my
studies, than be denied an entry at all). Would in this case my F-1 status in US
be impacted by starting the application procedure (DV2002) for getting immigration
documents, and then canceling it by not going to the interview?

I would appreciate your reply. Thanks

Old Mar 20th 2002, 8:05 pm
Andi Schwarz

Default Re: Need help: DV2002 interview

You lucky one!

Is the canadial PR visa on your passport ?! I personally don't think it can be found
against you. I've heard of cases when the consular officer wants to make sure that
you have serious immigration intent as opposed to someone who only wants a green card
'for fun'...

You clearly show that -- desperately, actually, by aiming for Canada as well. If it
comes up be prepared to show if you prefer one or the other

You've taken some high risk by going to consular processing though... Should you
be denied immigration visa -- you'll not be able to reenter with your old
non-immgrant F-1 visa.

Make sure you have all the needed docs and be confident -- the interview will go
fine.

FDW former DV winner

[email protected] (Daniel) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > I have a few questions and would appreciate your help.
    >
    > I am currently on F-1 visa in USA, and I won DV2002 lottery. The consulate
    > interview has been scheduled. In addition, I received Canadian permanent resident
    > visa recently but I haven't landed.
    >
    > 1.Are my prospects of getting USA PR status (getting DV2002 immigration visa on the
    > interview) diminished by already having Canadian permanent resident visa
    > documents?
    >
    > 2.Will an interviewer in the US consulate have access to the information that I
    > hold Canadian PR visa (no landing), and if yes what's the impact of that info on
    > his decision to grant me the US PR visa?
    >
    > 3. If there is a chance of rejecting my US PR visa due to having Canadian PR visa,
    > I would decide not to go to the interview (I would rather stay in US and
    > complete my studies, than be denied an entry at all). Would in this case my F-1
    > status in US be impacted by starting the application procedure (DV2002) for
    > getting immigration documents, and then canceling it by not going to the
    > interview?
    >
    > I would appreciate your reply. Thanks