that is dated from this Feb. and do we have to sign another Affidavit of
Support now or just for the interview. Any help would be great

Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:03 am
Wolfie

Default Re: Need help with AOS in Sacarmento

HI Barry.

We had our AOS interview in Sac 1/01. Things may not be exactly the same,
but everything was pretty easy. We brought what they asked for in the
letter. If you already did an Affidavit of Support you do not need another.
The simply asked a few questions to see if what we wrote on the original
application was the same and a few other questions. Really very easy.

Don't worry, we brought pictures, documents and all. The interviewer looked
at a few pictures but didn't want copies. Just relax and bring what they ask
for and you will be fine.

Good luck.
"Barry" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have a recent checklist what to bring for this. I am concerned
    > about what type of Letters to bring as far as the petitioner. Does she
need
    > letters from the Bank again and the Employer. I have a copy from the
Employer
    > that is dated from this Feb. and do we have to sign another Affidavit of
    > Support now or just for the interview. Any help would be great

Old Apr 24th 2003, 2:43 pm
Barry

What I meant was the applying for the AOS right after marriage, I haven't
really found anything that tells what to bring besides the marriage lic and
some of the other forms.

>We had our AOS interview in Sac 1/01. Things may not be exactly the same,
    >but everything was pretty easy. We brought what they asked for in the
    >letter. If you already did an Affidavit of Support you do not need another.
    >The simply asked a few questions to see if what we wrote on the original
    >application was the same and a few other questions. Really very easy.
    >Don't worry, we brought pictures, documents and all. The interviewer looked
    >at a few pictures but didn't want copies. Just relax and bring what they ask
    >for and you will be fine.
    >Good luck.
    >"Barry" wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Does anyone have a recent checklist what to bring for this. I am concerned
    >> about what type of Letters to bring as far as the petitioner. Does she
    >need
    >> letters from the Bank again and the Employer. I have a copy from the
    >Employer
    >> that is dated from this Feb. and do we have to sign another Affidavit of
    >> Support now or just for the interview. Any help would be great

Old Apr 24th 2003, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Barry
What I meant was the applying for the AOS right after marriage, I haven't
really found anything that tells what to bring besides the marriage lic and
some of the other forms.
Perhaps that might be because at the time of filing the application for adjustment, you don't include any evidence of a bona fide marriage. Just include the documents asked for in the instruction sheets for each of the petitions/affidavits.

Rete
Old Apr 24th 2003, 5:07 pm
Barry

so those that mean we don't have to submit the affidavit of support? I-864?
    >Originally posted by Barry
    >> What I meant was the applying for the AOS right after marriage,
    >> I haven't
    >> really found anything that tells what to bring besides the
    >> marriage lic and
    >> some of the other forms.
    >>
    >Perhaps that might be because at the time of filing the application for
    >adjustment, you don't include any evidence of a bona fide marriage.
    >Just include the documents asked for in the instruction sheets for each
    >of the petitions/affidavits.
    >Rete

Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:52 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Perhaps that might be because at the time of filing the application for adjustment, you don't include any evidence of a bona fide marriage. Just include the documents asked for in the instruction sheets for each of the petitions/affidavits.

Rete
At the time of filing I always include whatever evidence the couple has as to the bonafide nature of their marriage. Then a few weeks before the interview, I do a prep call with my couple where we review the points on the AOS appointment letter and review all of the materials that we submitted with their AOS (including the evidence submitted that goes toward their bonafide marriage). I also tell them what a typical interview is like, I describe common mistakes that can be made by the applicant and spouse (so they can avoid making those mistakes), how to make the BCIS’S officer’s job as easy as possible (make it easy as we can for the officer to approve the case on the day of the interview), common interview techniques used by the BCIS officer, pet peeves of the BCIS officers when conducting interviews (again, so they can hopefully avoid them). Of course, I also answer any questions that they have about the interview process. And we also discuss what “new� evidence may have come into existence since the time of filing (evidence going toward their bonafide marriage) that they should take with them to present at the interview (if needed). These prep calls usually last around an hour, and since I charge a flat rate fee, the clients don’t pay any additional fees for this service. Most clients tell me they are no longer nervous about their upcoming interview after such an extensive prep session.

M.U.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Barry
so those that mean we don't have to submit the affidavit of support? I-864?

Of course you have to include the I-864. That is not evidence of a bona fide marriage ;-) but a definite requirement for the filing of the I-485.

Good Luck

Rete
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:30 pm
Concierge

Dear Mr. Udall,

Thank you for the brief synopsis on how you handle your clients and their petitions both in the initial and advanced stages of their petitioning for adjustment of status. I am sure that your admirers here will archive your post for future reference and be very happy to follow in your footsteps and if they visit your website they can always contact you to retain your services in the future for their dealings with the BCIS and rest easy that they are in your very capable hands.

Mrs. Rita Wilson

****JFTR, we successfully adjusted status, without the assistance of an attorney but with the assistance of those on this particular newsgroup. We did not include any evidence of a valid marriage at the time of filing, bringing all that was required, plus more, to our interview. Being able to question those that used our district office as well as other INS offices, plus reading the experiences of others on the AOS experience pages, gave us a very comprehensive view of what to expect at the time of our interview.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
At the time of filing I always include whatever evidence the couple has as to the bonafide nature of their marriage. Then a few weeks before the interview, I do a prep call with my couple where we review the points on the AOS appointment letter and review all of the materials that we submitted with their AOS (including the evidence submitted that goes toward their bonafide marriage). I also tell them what a typical interview is like, I describe common mistakes that can be made by the applicant and spouse (so they can avoid making those mistakes), how to make the BCIS’S officer’s job as easy as possible (make it easy as we can for the officer to approve the case on the day of the interview), common interview techniques used by the BCIS officer, pet peeves of the BCIS officers when conducting interviews (again, so they can hopefully avoid them). Of course, I also answer any questions that they have about the interview process. And we also discuss what “new� evidence may have come into existence since the time of filing (evidence going toward their bonafide marriage) that they should take with them to present at the interview (if needed). These prep calls usually last around an hour, and since I charge a flat rate fee, the clients don’t pay any additional fees for this service. Most clients tell me they are no longer nervous about their upcoming interview after such an extensive prep session.

M.U.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:28 pm
Ron

And I'm sure you do this with clients all around the country.

"Matthew Udall" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Rete
    > > Perhaps that might be because at the time of filing the application
    > > for adjustment, you don't include any evidence of a bona fide
    > > marriage. Just include the documents asked for in the instruction
    > > sheets for each of the petitions/affidavits.
    > >
    > > Rete
    > At the time of filing I always include whatever evidence the couple has
    > as to the bonafide nature of their marriage. Then a few weeks before the
    > interview, I do a prep call with my couple where we review the points on
    > the AOS appointment letter and review all of the materials that we
    > submitted with their AOS (including the evidence submitted that goes
    > toward their bonafide marriage). I also tell them what a typical
    > interview is like, I describe common mistakes that can be made by the
    > applicant and spouse (so they can avoid making those mistakes), how to
    > make the BCIS'S officer's job as easy as possible (make it easy as we
    > can for the officer to approve the case on the day of the interview),
    > common interview techniques used by the BCIS officer, pet peeves of the
    > BCIS officers when conducting interviews (again, so they can hopefully
    > avoid them). Of course, I also answer any questions that they have about
    > the interview process. And we also discuss what "new" evidence may have
    > come into existence since the time of filing (evidence going toward
    > their bonafide marriage) that they should take with them to present at
    > the interview (if needed). These prep calls usually last around an hour,
    > and since I charge a flat rate fee, the clients don't pay any additional
    > fees for this service. Most clients tell me they are no longer nervous
    > about their upcoming interview after such an extensive prep session.
    > M.U.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:31 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the brief synopsis on how you handle your clients and their petitions both in the initial and advanced stages of their petitioning for adjustment of status. I am sure that your admirers here will archive your post for future reference and be very happy to follow in your footsteps and if they visit your website they can always contact you to retain your services in the future for their dealings with the BCIS
I would think that most people who visit this site have “already� filed their cases, and for a number of good reasons I generally won’t agree to become the attorney of record (jump into the middle) of a do-it-yourselfer’s case. But even though I don’t generally get clients from participating here, I do like to share (and I pick up a few things myself from time to time). And I’m happy to share the general knowledge that it is fine to submit evidence “at the time of filing the AOS� relating to the bonafide nature of the marriage.

****JFTR, we successfully adjusted status, without the assistance of an attorney but with the assistance of those on this particular newsgroup.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ssistance+matt

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+jealousy+matt

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ud...num=4&filter=0

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ssistance+matt
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:52 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ron
And I'm sure you do this with clients all around the country.
Yes. I prepare all of my clients for their AOS interviews regardless of which BCIS office they are dealing with. In fact just yesterday I did a prep call for an AOS couple who will be going to their interview in Cincinnati next month.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Apr 24th 2003 at 11:17 pm.