Need Any Help Please Scared!!!!

Old May 19th 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

beautifulscars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Any Help Please Scared!!!!

I have been married since 2003 applied for adjustment of status one day came home and everything was gone this was in 2004 husband just walked out and I have not been able to find him at all. I have been staying with friends and not working illegally have not committed a crime not even a parking ticket lol.

What are my options here as I am too scared to go to INS incase they deport me on the spot. I have not heard anything from INS or USCIS in years I am so afraid and not sure what to do. I am still married but currently in a relationship and my man has proposed to me and not sure what to say. He knows my situation but I am not sure what to do can anyone help me please. Online it say my case is still pending please help!

Anjele
Old May 19th 2009, 6:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Any Help Please Scared!!!!

Originally Posted by beautifulscars
I have been married since 2003 applied for adjustment of status one day came home and everything was gone this was in 2004 husband just walked out and I have not been able to find him at all. I have been staying with friends and not working illegally have not committed a crime not even a parking ticket lol.

What are my options here as I am too scared to go to INS incase they deport me on the spot. I have not heard anything from INS or USCIS in years I am so afraid and not sure what to do. I am still married but currently in a relationship and my man has proposed to me and not sure what to say. He knows my situation but I am not sure what to do can anyone help me please. Online it say my case is still pending please help!

Anjele
When did you file For AOS ..... If you moved did you notify change of address etc ..
Old May 19th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Filed for AOS July 2003 and yes sent in the AR11 but now being told that my case has been archived but have not been denied. He left I have no idea where he is and we are not sure what to do. After all the pain and heartache can I divorce and remarry my head is spinning here and I don't know what to do. I came here on a B2 visa and my husband proposed to me a week before I was due to leave we got married filed AOS and close to a year later came home and he was gone. So confused and scared right now.

Anjele
Old May 19th 2009, 6:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Filed for AOS July 2003 and yes sent in the AR11 but now being told that my case has been archived but have not been denied. He left I have no idea where he is and we are not sure what to do. After all the pain and heartache can I divorce and remarry my head is spinning here and I don't know what to do. I came here on a B2 visa and my husband proposed to me a week before I was due to leave we got married filed AOS and close to a year later came home and he was gone. So confused and scared right now.

Anjele
A visit with an Immigration Lawyer is a must...
talking all the paperwork you have with you ...
Old May 19th 2009, 6:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Anjele
Hi Anjele, and Welcome to BE.

I suggest you hire an immigration attorney to help you with this one. You should have been notified a LONG time ago of your AOS interview. If you missed getting that notification, you are probably in removal procedings. You will need to get a lawyer to help you figure out what you should do....get your case back on track, if possible....get divorced...see if your new husband can petition for you again...etc.

Whatever you do, don't leave the USA.

I wonder, why did you wait sooooooo long before wondering what happened with your status here? It's been 5 years since your husband left you. Surely you must have known that if you don't have your green card in hand, your status was in jeopardy here?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

What are my chance that USCIS will have me deported? I am not working as I cannot and staying with friends so looking into legal aid but not sure what I can do anymore.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What are my chance that USCIS will have me deported? I am not working as I cannot and staying with friends so looking into legal aid but not sure what I can do anymore.
There's no way any of us laymen on here can predict your chances. You'll have to ask an immigration attorney.

What about your boyfriend? He wants to help you and marry you....surely he can help pay for an attorney to make that happen?

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Been to scared because have heard horror stories about it all I have no excuse but I have done nothing wrong I mean how can my new fiance petition me if i already have a case pending I don't understand omg.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:21 pm

Been to scared because have heard horror stories about it all I have no excuse but I have done nothing wrong I mean how can my new fiance petition me if i already have a case pending I don't understand omg.
Well, the only wrong thing you did was that you failed to complete your AOS and get your green card.

Your fiance cannot petition for you as long as you're still married and you have a case pending. That's why you need to talk to a lawyer, so he can tell you what steps to take next.

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

I spoke to USCIS today on the phone and they did not mention anything about removal proceedings at all. Wouldn't that show on their system if that was the case? All she told me was that my case had been archived and that I would have to go to my local office make an appointment and get them to send my file then go back.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:27 pm

I spoke to USCIS today on the phone and they did not mention anything about removal proceedings at all. Wouldn't that show on their system if that was the case? All she told me was that my case had been archived and that I would have to go to my local office make an appointment and get them to send my file then go back.
Don't pay attention to what the USCIS 800-number people tell you. They are just contract workers who know nothing about immigration rules or law.

You NEED an immigration attorney for this one. If you never completed your AOS and got your green card, you have issues. How bad they are, only an immigration attorney can tell you.

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your response. He was verbally abusive since the day we got married would leave for days and never tell me where he was just come home when he wanted to and then one day left for good. But thank you so muc for you advice and time.

Anjele
Old May 19th 2009, 6:42 pm

Thank you very much for your response. He was verbally abusive since the day we got married would leave for days and never tell me where he was just come home when he wanted to and then one day left for good. But thank you so muc for you advice and time.

Anjele
You're welcome. Make sure you tell the lawyer all these details, they could be very important to your case.

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough

Hi this is me again I remembered my old screen name and I have several threads pertaining to my situation you can read it and tell me what your advice would be as you can read in more detail. Old screen name kittya2004.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:06 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by kittya2004
Hi this is me again I remembered my old screen name and I have several threads pertaining to my situation you can read it and tell me what your advice would be as you can read in more detail. Old screen name kittya2004.
And there was your incarnation before that
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227816

Your story seem to changed a few times over the years ...
you are really long overdue in leaving the country ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.