Need advice or tips

Old Feb 27th 2014, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice or tips

Originally Posted by Kakarot
My degree can still be tailored in the 3rd year to a specific area I believe.
Don't tailor your degree program in the hopes that it might lead to a visa that'll get you to the US. That's a total disservice to you! Do what you enjoy doing, and if you get a visa as a result, it'll be icing on the cake. For all you know, you could tailor your degree and you still won't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting to the US... and then you're stuck with a degree you don't care for and no prospects for the future either.

Ian
Old Feb 28th 2014, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice or tips

I totally agree.
Location is just location. The grass may seem greener here but it's just a different shade.

However you'll be working in your chose career for the rest of your life generally.

(And if you become unemployed as many professionals do, then you'll probably be worse off being here. Imagine moving over for a job, high salary, million dollar mortgage for a home in San Jose, two years later you get laid off...think things through carefully. Of course this can happen anywhere but the high cost of living in popular areas combined with lack of safety net/structure can devastate some.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 28th 2014 at 2:49 am.