Naturalization Timeline?

Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:07 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Naturalization Timeline?

Hello,

Earlier this year, my I-751 application was approved and so now I have a new green card to photocopy and send in with an application for citizenship. (The USCIS took my expired green card when I went to get a stamp in my passport & I didn't have a photocopy of it.)

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the timeline will be to file the N400 through Nebraska? I'd like an idea of when the test might be.

Also if anyone has any good links or advice I'd appreciate that too. We have a 7 week old daughter, so I don't have much time for researching all this online.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jememennie; Aug 15th 2005 at 8:10 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization Timeline?

Originally Posted by Jememennie
Also if anyone has any good links or advice I'd appreciate that too. We have a 7 week old daughter, so I don't have much time for researching all this online.

Thanks.
Congratulations! Here's some place to get started: http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/index.htm

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. - I love your site! Very cute, and very informative!

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 15th 2005 at 8:20 pm. Reason: added p.s.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Earlier this year, my I-751 application was approved and so now I have a new green card to photocopy and send in with an application for citizenship. (The USCIS took my expired green card when I went to get a stamp in my passport & I didn't have a photocopy of it.)

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the timeline will be to file the N400 through Nebraska? I'd like an idea of when the test might be.

Thanks.
Congrats on all your good news!

Even though you submit your application to Nebraska, I believe you watch your Local Office processing dates for planning purposes:
I guessed Milwaukee for you.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=47
Currently processing Feb 01, 2005 & before.

Roughly 6 months then. Study hard!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:25 pm
Uprooted Canuck

StuartMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's mine from Detroit:

02/19/2005 - Filed form N-400 to apply for Naturalization
03/03/2005 - Received I-797C NOA1 from my N-400 filing.
03/14/2005 - Received I-797C FINGERPRINT Notice for N-400
04/02/2005 - Fingerprint appointment - DTW ASC
04/23/2005 - Received I-797C INTERVIEW letter for N-400
07/25/2005 - Interview for N-400 at Detroit DO - Recommended for Approval
09/12/2005 - Oath Ceremony
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:10 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! I remember you from both here and LYC.com (I'm Andelina over there, remember me?). Your website was a tremendous help to us when we were about to go through the K1 visa process ourselves.

Haven't heard from you in a long while so I'm glad that things are going so well for you! Congratulations on your baby girl!! What's her name?

Hope to see you around again...

~ Jenney

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind -- just looked at your site... Her name is Rose, like Doctor Who's companion in the current series! Mark would be so impressed!

SECOND EDIT: Yes, I'm a doofus for responding to my own post with an edited comment, instead of clicking "EDIT", duh! That's why I deleted it, if anyone wondered or cared... I always wonder what people had written when they delete their posts...

Last edited by Just Jenney; Aug 16th 2005 at 2:16 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:37 pm
British in Wisconsin

Thumbs up Re: Naturalization Timeline?

Thanks for the replies & congrats.

I didn't realise the timeline to watch is Milwaukee, so thanks for that.

6 months is a much shorter timeline than I would have guessed - maybe because it took 17 months to get the I-751 approved.

I'm really not looking forward to studying - history & politics are my least favourite subjects.

Hi Jenney. I remember you. Hope all is well in your life.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations all around on your good news.

As for the studying, the test is not difficult. Just study the 100 questions that came with the guide. You won't have a problem with the reading and written part of the test.

Hello,

Thanks.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:59 pm
British in Wisconsin

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations all around on your good news.

As for the studying, the test is not difficult. Just study the 100 questions that came with the guide. You won't have a problem with the reading and written part of the test.
Thanks Rete.

That's good to know about the test. I picked up the naturalization guide a couple of years back. The study guide is from 12/00 with 96 questions. I think they have sample questions online too.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You won't have a problem with the reading and written part of the test.
What if, for the written part, the guy says, "Write the following statement: 'Do me a favor and mail this check'." and she writes, "Do me a favour and mail this cheque"? I bet that'll raise a few eyebrows! Okay... I'm just teasing!

Ian