Naturalization and Obamacare

Old Feb 10th 2015, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

nik9801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalization and Obamacare

So, there is only 5 days left to sign up for obama care. It seems so confusing. Last year I tried to do so and wasn't able to due to system glitches. Then they asked me to mail them proof of my legal status and I haven't got any response at all. This year I my account got locked due to my many attempts to log in. So I wasn't able to restore the password. So my question is if it is going to be a problem if I don't sign up for it. I have my naturalization in three years and I wander how it would affect me. I am aware of the fine for not signing up. Anyone has any idea? Please don't tell me that I should. I am trying to. But in case if it turns out same way as last year. What are the consequences?
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization and Obamacare

Originally Posted by nik9801
So my question is if it is going to be a problem if I don't sign up for it.
Not from a US immigration point of view, no.

I have my naturalization in three years and I wander how it would affect me.
The naturalization process does not currently require that you have healthcare insurance.

Ian
Old Feb 11th 2015, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization and Obamacare

If you actually want insurance you have two options.

1) call up the helpline to unlock your account and buy a policy before Sunday

2) buy a private policy directly from an insurer off marketplace