Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Naturalization Certificate Number?

Naturalization Certificate Number?

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalization Certificate Number?

Hi,

Trying to fill out an I-130 form..it asks for a Naturalization certificate number..Likely is a trivial question for most here, but I am looking at my certificate of naturalization and for some reason I am confused as to which one is it is. Is it the 8 digit number printed in red or is it the Alien Registration number (named CIS registration number) that starts with an A?

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Naturalization Certificate Number?

Originally Posted by khai ko
Hi,

Trying to fill out an I-130 form..it asks for a Naturalization certificate number..Likely is a trivial question for most here, but I am looking at my certificate of naturalization and for some reason I am confused as to which one is it is. Is it the 8 digit number printed in red or is it the Alien Registration number (named CIS registration number) that starts with an A?

Thanks
Question #13 for petitioner. The naturalization certificate number is the 8 digit number at the top right hand side of the certificate.

NOT the CIS Alien registration number (A#) Question #10 for petitioner.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks farmerwife.

One other question: It also asks for the place of issuance of the naturalization certificate. Would that be the place where the oath ceremony was held and the certificate given or the place/location of the USCIS field office where the N-400 was processed from?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Thanks farmerwife.

One other question: It also asks for the place of issuance of the naturalization certificate. Would that be the place where the oath ceremony was held and the certificate given or the place/location of the USCIS field office where the N-400 was processed from?
Mine was the same city.
But it seems pretty clear. At the bottom of the naturalization certificate it states where it was issued -

at: ....City, and State .... on .... Date

that such a person is admitted as a citizen of the United States of America.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by farmerwife
Mine was the same city.
But it seems pretty clear. At the bottom of the naturalization certificate it states where it was issued -

at: ....City, and State .... on .... Date

that such a person is admitted as a citizen of the United States of America.
Hopefully, this will be my last question on this..

When filling out two separate I-130 for each parent, is it suggested that both the completed forms be sent to the service center in the same packet and one single check (double amount) or should they be sent in two different packets?
Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully, this will be my last question on this..

When filling out two separate I-130 for each parent, is it suggested that both the completed forms be sent to the service center in the same packet and one single check (double amount) or should they be sent in two different packets?
Thanks
I put both I-130s for my parents in the same envelope. The reason for this is that as they are your parents, married to each other, they will be processed in tandem even though they are separate individual applications. One thing to note though, is that each set of each paperwork should be separate from the other inside the mailing envelope. (So papers don't get mixed up). Two smaller envelopes inside the larger mailing envelope work, or I may have Acco clipped each I-30 set individually.
I think I wrote a check for each parent, though, as the check should be attached to the form for the person in question (with the name of the parent on the check).
Then I wrote a cover letter - date, my name, address, numbers - and their names etc; and words to the effect - "enclosed are two I-130 applications for my parents".
Also a good idea to keep a copy of everything!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

I put both I-130s for my parents in the same envelope. The reason for this is that as they are your parents, married to each other, they will be processed in tandem even though they are separate individual applications. One thing to note though, is that each set of each paperwork should be separate from the other inside the mailing envelope. (So papers don't get mixed up). Two smaller envelopes inside the larger mailing envelope work, or I may have Acco clipped each I-30 set individually.
I think I wrote a check for each parent, though, as the check should be attached to the form for the person in question (with the name of the parent on the check).
Then I wrote a cover letter - date, my name, address, numbers - and their names etc; and words to the effect - "enclosed are two I-130 applications for my parents".
Also a good idea to keep a copy of everything!

Thanks farmerwife for your suggestion - it helps alot.

One other question - I-130 form asks for relative's street address abroad. Do they/local consulate actually send correspondences to the relatives at this address? Or is all correspondence sent to the petitioner US address? The reason I ask is because my parents use a PO Box address rather than the street address which is not reliable for postal delivery. Would it be ok if I put their PO Box address instead in sections C2, C19 and C20?

How do we know when the case has been transferred to the local consulate oversees?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

One other question - I-130 form asks for relative's street address abroad. Do they/local consulate actually send correspondences to the relatives at this address? Or is all correspondence sent to the petitioner US address? The reason I ask is because my parents use a PO Box address rather than the street address which is not reliable for postal delivery. Would it be ok if I put their PO Box address instead in sections C2, C19 and C20?

How do we know when the case has been transferred to the local consulate oversees?
khai ko,
We had to use a PO box for the foreign address as well; no street delivery in our village. The Embassy may indeed send something by postal mail, so this is a good idea.

After I-130 approval, the file goes to the National Visa Center/NVC, a brfancho f the Dept of State. Pre visa processing there takes about 3 months, during which you will have several back and forth mailings. When you get the 'case complete' notice from them, they tell you they are forwarding the case to the overseas post.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khai ko

I'm not sure about the address - I didn't have that problem, although I'm sure many do. It seems it worked out OK for Meauxna tho'.
The USCIS don't send mail to the relatives. You as the petitioner will receive notices when the petitions are approved, and USCIS will forward the paperwork to the NVC.
Then NVC will send the relatives a Choice Of Agent form - then they will continue to receive mail from the NVC if they choose to be their own agent. If they specify you as the agent, then you will receive that mail.

When NVC is done, they will forward the paperwork to the Consulate abroad, and the Consulate will contact your parents by mail with information about their interview etc.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Khai ko

I'm not sure about the address - I didn't have that problem, although I'm sure many do. It seems it worked out OK for Meauxna tho'.
The USCIS don't send mail to the relatives. You as the petitioner will receive notices when the petitions are approved, and USCIS will forward the paperwork to the NVC.
Then NVC will send the relatives a Choice Of Agent form - then they will continue to receive mail from the NVC if they choose to be their own agent. If they specify you as the agent, then you will receive that mail.

When NVC is done, they will forward the paperwork to the Consulate abroad, and the Consulate will contact your parents by mail with information about their interview etc.

Thanks meauxna and farmerwife..your experiences have been very helpful..I sent the package yesterday..

This is something that I just thought of today...Petitioning for parents requires only the completed form I-130 and the supporting documents that are mentioned in the I-130 instructions, right? The reason this question came to mind is that because I just remembered there are several other forms/documents that are needed to be filed concurrently when filing for spousal adjustment of status or fiancee visa...I hope I didn't think of this too late.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks meauxna and farmerwife..your experiences have been very helpful..I sent the package yesterday..

This is something that I just thought of today...Petitioning for parents requires only the completed form I-130 and the supporting documents that are mentioned in the I-130 instructions, right? The reason this question came to mind is that because I just remembered there are several other forms/documents that are needed to be filed concurrently when filing for spousal adjustment of status or fiancee visa...I hope I didn't think of this too late.
Khai ko

The answer depends on where your parents are right now. My parents were living in their home country when I did their I-130 petitions. So that was all I filed - just the I-130 s to start. (Other forms will be filed later with NVC when their cases are transferrred there).
If your parents are in the USA now that is a different scenario and another poster may advise on that.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness my mom naturalized independantly of me (wow, what a good thing to hang over her head tho!).
I do recall that the G-325a is for spouse petitions only tho.

I'm sure you did a good job following the form's instructions, which are much more thorough now and include all those variations on relationships.