Naturalization

Old Jun 21st 2002, 12:20 am
Hippyhoppym

Default Naturalization

Just a quick question re naturalization. I am married to a US citizen, so can i apply
90 days before 3 years as a permanent resident, or do I have to wait until after I
have been a permanent resident for 3 years. Thought I saw something re 90 days?

Thanks all!

Old Jun 21st 2002, 5:20 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Naturalization

Married for 3 years. as stated in the guide on the INS website. If married for 3
years and a resident for 2 years and 9 months, then you might qualify You would have
had to be married and living together for those 3 months.

HippyhoppyM wrote:

> Just a quick question re naturalization. I am married to a US citizen, so can i
    > apply 90 days before 3 years as a permanent resident, or do I have to wait until
    > after I have been a permanent resident for 3 years. Thought I saw something re
    > 90 days?
    >
    > Thanks all!

Old Jul 1st 2002, 12:20 am
Ranjini

Default Re: Naturalization

<<Thought I saw something re 90 days?>>

Yes, you did. You can apply 90 days before the completion of your 3 year residency
requirement, based on you marriage to a USC. You must have completed 3 years of
marriage to the same USC and the 90 day rule does not however, apply to that. Ranjini

"HippyhoppyM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Just a quick question re naturalization. I am married to a US citizen, so
can i
    > apply 90 days before 3 years as a permanent resident, or do I have to wait until
    > after I have been a permanent resident for 3 years. Thought I saw something re
    > 90 days?
    >
    > Thanks all!