Wikiposts

Naturalization

Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:41 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naturalization

Debating on whether to re-new green card or go ahead for citizenship. Is the N-400 the only form I fill out to start the naturalization process?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Debating on whether to re-new green card or go ahead for citizenship. Is the N-400 the only form I fill out to start the naturalization process?
Get started on the form ...easy peasy
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:55 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Get started on the form ...easy peasy

Thanks Ray!!!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray!!!
We are all behind you .....
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:58 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What's there to debate about it?

Get filling, and shout if you need help! The most common pitfalls seem to be forgetting when you were out of the country on vacation and forgetting to list your traffic tickets.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

I reached this point a couple of years ago! I went for citizenship! Applied in April 2004 by filing the N-400, went for fingering printing in May/June 2004. Had my interview in August 2004 and the naturalization ceremony in Sept 2004.

I had a hard time remember all the trips between uk/us so I just listed various trips between US/UK no trip longer than 3 weeks; coz I couldn't remember all the times I'd been back and forward - never raised any issues for me! Same with tickets (I'm a bit of a speed demond!! ) no problems there either - I think it's a bigger issue if you lie!!

Good luck!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:16 am
Open All Hours!

Wink Re: Naturalization

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Get filling, and shout if you need help! The most common pitfalls seem to be forgetting when you were out of the country on vacation and forgetting to list your traffic tickets.
There's not debate really, I'm just being lazy

Figured I will just have to go through my passport for the vacation dates and no traffic tickets thus far!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:18 am
Open All Hours!

Talking Re: Naturalization

Originally Posted by limeynus
I reached this point a couple of years ago! I went for citizenship! Applied in April 2004 by filing the N-400, went for fingering printing in May/June 2004. Had my interview in August 2004 and the naturalization ceremony in Sept 2004.

I had a hard time remember all the trips between uk/us so I just listed various trips between US/UK no trip longer than 3 weeks; coz I couldn't remember all the times I'd been back and forward - never raised any issues for me! Same with tickets (I'm a bit of a speed demond!! ) no problems there either - I think it's a bigger issue if you lie!!

Good luck!
Okay, I'll go for it but not till January 2007, there's me being lazy again!!

Thanks!!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:18 am
Open All Hours!

And thanks, will shout if I need ya help.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:24 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

There's not debate really, I'm just being lazy

Figured I will just have to go through my passport for the vacation dates and no traffic tickets thus far!
Are you going for "3-year marriage & PR option" or the "5-year resident" option?

If you have the choice of either, the latter requires less evidence.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:26 am
Septicity

Thanks!!
Well you've passed the procrastination test for US citizenship! Don't let your GC expire during the app process -- will bugger it up.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Thanks!!
Nah! You should just "do it" LOL!!! The hardest bit is completing the N-400 - once that's in the mail - no problems!!

If you do have any questions, feel free to contact me. I think I still have a photocopy of the N-400 I filed!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:53 am
Open All Hours!

Talking Re: Naturalization

Are you going for "3-year marriage & PR option" or the "5-year resident" option?

If you have the choice of either, the latter requires less evidence.
Okay now completely confused. Married to a USC for eleven years and currently have ten year green card so where does that put me??
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:55 am
Open All Hours!

Exclamation Re: Naturalization

Originally Posted by limeynus
Nah! You should just "do it" LOL!!! The hardest bit is completing the N-400 - once that's in the mail - no problems!!

If you do have any questions, feel free to contact me. I think I still have a photocopy of the N-400 I filed!
Thanks limeynus, will shout if I need help. Will have a read of the application tonight and see how motivated I get!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:55 am
Septicity

Okay now completely confused. Married to a USC for eleven years and currently have ten year green card so where does that put me??
How long have you had a GC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.