National Interest Waiver

Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

pen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Interest Waiver

I am interested to hear anyones stories about applying under the National Interest Waiver program. We a British family and are currently on E2 visas here in the US but due to the nature of my husbands work our attorney is putting together a case for a National Interest Waiver (direct to greencard). If you have anything you would like to share about the process do's dont's etc, thank you.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: National Interest Waiver

It seems I am unable to reply on here until I become more active..... feel free to private email me in the meantime ..
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pen1
It seems I am unable to reply on here until I become more active..... feel free to private email me in the meantime ..
That's not true, you can reply on BE with only 1 post, as you have just done here. Now you have 2 posts. You can reply again as much as you want.

Private Email and Private Messaging regarding immigration issues is discouraged on here, because if someone gives you erroneous information privately, no one can see it to come along and correct it.

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rene, I pressed reply but its made a separate post ? getting confused here
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

We've just started the NIW > GC process - I have no info to share yet as we just formally engaged a lawyer but let's definitely keep in touch.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene, I pressed reply but its made a separate post ? getting confused here
"Reply" on the left, creates a new post to the thread, "Quote" on the right, creates a reply to a specific post that you want to respond to.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 23rd 2015 at 9:26 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

"New Reply" just replies to a thread. Sending a "Private Message" is disabled until 3 posts are made. Not sure what you want to do.

I don't think many people on BE have done a NIW so there probably isn't many that can give you information and therefore few replies to your thread.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sherbert
We've just started the NIW > GC process - I have no info to share yet as we just formally engaged a lawyer but let's definitely keep in touch.
Most Def we have our attorney working on our case now, should be ready in a few weeks to submit .
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Reply" on the left, creates a new post to the thread, "Quote" on the right, creates a rrply to s specific post that you want to respond to.
Thank you! Ill try harder .....
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 9:09 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested to hear anyones stories about applying under the National Interest Waiver program. We a British family and are currently on E2 visas here in the US but due to the nature of my husbands work our attorney is putting together a case for a National Interest Waiver (direct to greencard). If you have anything you would like to share about the process do's dont's etc, thank you.
NIW cases are quite fact specific. The "mother" precedent case is Matter of New York State Department of Transportation aka "NYSDOT."

NIW is favored by non-citizen applicants because it avoids the labor certification requirement. However, the minions of the Dark Forces perceive the labor certification requirement as a protection of U.S. workers. Accordingly, there is an inherent contradiction in the application.

When I was in practice, I had a case which I felt was a strong NIW case under EB-2. I felt also that there was a marginal and hardly viable EB-1 extraordinary ability case so we filed TWO concurrent I-140's. Well the EB-1 was approved post haste and the EB-2 NIW generated an RFE from Hell under NYSDOT.

[As an aside, we filed the two I-140's concurrently with the I-485. Having received an I-140 EB-1 approval, I ignored the RFE on the EB-2 as meaningless -- a green card by any other name is just as sweet. In hindsight, a big procedural mistake on my part -- the EB-2 denial resulted in a denial of the adjustment and it took a Motion To Reconsider to correct it. Received the approval the same day I received a substitution of attorney with a nasty request for refund. I forwarded the file, stated that I would honor the instruction not to contact client and could new lawyer please pass on my congratulations. Although I refused to refund any money I waived the client's contractual obligation to reimburse me for the MTR filing fee.].

OP's question is way too general to make specific comments.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 2:08 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

No direct experience, but the key seems to be to gather sufficient evidence, even if that process takes a while. Spending several months preparing seems to be the norm - and can lead to an extremely fast approval once submitted. A slightly inadequate submission can end up being bounced back and forth forever with USCIS, with mixed results. Hopefully your attorney has a realistic view of your chances, and is very meticulous. Good luck!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply and yes it needs meticulous gathering of evidence and a skilled attorney at putting together the case. Its all about explaining what you do and why it is of National Interest. Doubly difficult when you are flat out actually working too.