Name wrong on Green Card

Old May 11th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name wrong on Green Card

Hi,

I finally received my 10 year Green Card in the mail but, my name is spelt incorrectly - it was ok on the Welcome Notice. We called the Info line and they told us we had to repeat the entire process of visiting our local office, new photos, fingerprints etc. Knowing the unreliability of information given out by this "service" I thought I'd check on any experiences here - anyone know if this is in fact correct. I can't believe I have to go through the whole process again because of a misplaced letter :-(

Steppke
Old May 11th 2005, 4:04 pm
Guest21

Default Re: Name wrong on Green Card

Originally Posted by steppke
Hi,

I finally received my 10 year Green Card in the mail but, my name is spelt incorrectly - it was ok on the Welcome Notice. We called the Info line and they told us we had to repeat the entire process of visiting our local office, new photos, fingerprints etc. Knowing the unreliability of information given out by this "service" I thought I'd check on any experiences here - anyone know if this is in fact correct. I can't believe I have to go through the whole process again because of a misplaced letter :-(

Steppke
My CPR Green card had the wrong date on and I was told to take another 4 phots and send them along to where I filled along with any other photo copies of my DOB and my approval letter.
And no I have not done it yet as my passport has the stamp so in no rush to do so.

Whiskers