Name on I-864

Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name on I-864

Hi,
I am the wife- to- be USC. I plan on taking my fiance's last name once we are married. Does anybody know if we need to wait on filing the AOS paperwork that includes the I-864 to be notarized until after I have legally changed my last name? Or can it be submitted with my maiden name?

The plan is for my fiance to arrive in mid February and we will get married the beginning of April to meet the requirement of getting married within 90 days.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name on I-864

Originally Posted by cew602
Hi,
I am the wife- to- be USC. I plan on taking my fiance's last name once we are married. Does anybody know if we need to wait on filing the AOS paperwork that includes the I-864 to be notarized until after I have legally changed my last name? Or can it be submitted with my maiden name?

The plan is for my fiance to arrive in mid February and we will get married the beginning of April to meet the requirement of getting married within 90 days.

Hi cew,

You can complete all the AOS paperwork in your maiden name, and then change your name whenever you want.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:15 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Name on I-864

Originally Posted by cew602
Hi,

Yes you can file straight away, just make sure to list ALL your previous names on the G-325 and anywhere else it asks for "other names used" (I think that was something like the wording). As long as they can reference between the two names and are able to define that both names are the same person, there should be no problem.

We filed after my wife changed to my name and so far have had no problems (wife is USC).

Patrick