Name check

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default Name check

How long does the name check take at consulates? Is it true that it is a longer process for Russian and Chinese citizens? How long does it take for them?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 5:51 am
dhs
Forum Regular

dhs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name check

Originally posted by violator_dm
How long does the name check take at consulates? Is it true that it is a longer process for Russian and Chinese citizens? How long does it take for them?
Actually, the National Visa Center does the name checks not the Consulates. The petition is forwarded to them upon approval by Immigration. It does take longer for NON visa wavier countries, such as Russia and China but people from the Middle Eastern countries have had very long waits as well. In our case, (Russia)we waited about six months for the name check to be comleted. I believe that we were the exception not the rule. I know others from Russia who waited anywhere from 30 days to 8 months. I wouldn't expect anything in less than a month and I wouldn't really get worried until at least three months have passed. Of course, this is all just my opion based on what I have learned. Good luck to you!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 6:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

dhs,

It is not the non-visa-waiver countries who are subject to the more in-depth checks. There is a specific list of countries, which is as you say is Russia, China, and certain middle-eastern countries.

These do happen to be non-visa-waver countries, but that is not why they were singled out for the special treatment.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by dhs
Actually, the National Visa Center does the name checks not the Consulates. The petition is forwarded to them upon approval by Immigration. It does take longer for NON visa wavier countries, such as Russia and China but people from the Middle Eastern countries have had very long waits as well. In our case, (Russia)we waited about six months for the name check to be comleted. I believe that we were the exception not the rule. I know others from Russia who waited anywhere from 30 days to 8 months. I wouldn't expect anything in less than a month and I wouldn't really get worried until at least three months have passed. Of course, this is all just my opion based on what I have learned. Good luck to you!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 12:19 pm
dhs
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jeffreyhy

These do happen to be non-visa-waver countries, but that is not why they were singled out for the special treatment.

Good Point! Thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 1:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dhs
Good Point! Thanks for the clarification.
Hi dhs,

Wasn't your interview yesterday??

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:43 am
dhs
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi dhs,

Wasn't your interview yesterday??

Rene

Hi Rene,

Her interview was on Wednesday and things went well. Just talked to her this morning and she actually has visa in hand and a flight scheduled to Seattle for Monday the 8th. It is sooo hard to believe that after a year she is finally going to get here. We are feeling very blessed right now because I know several others who had interviews earlier than us and are still awaiting visas, including our friend Richard III. I can't even begin to guess what the difference was.... Hope all is well with you and your good news will be coming soon!

David
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dhs
Hi Rene,

Her interview was on Wednesday and things went well. Just talked to her this morning and she actually has visa in hand and a flight scheduled to Seattle for Monday the 8th. It is sooo hard to believe that after a year she is finally going to get here. We are feeling very blessed right now because I know several others who had interviews earlier than us and are still awaiting visas, including our friend Richard III. I can't even begin to guess what the difference was.... Hope all is well with you and your good news will be coming soon!

David
Hi David

I'm soooo happy to hear the wonderful news!! Congratulations!! :-)))

Rene