Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N445 - Notice of Oath Date timeline

N445 - Notice of Oath Date timeline

Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

latempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nice
Default N445 - Notice of Oath Date timeline

I was just wondering how much notice others got between receiving their N-445 and the actual Naturalization ceremony date? I interviewed last December, but still hadn't heard anything by the begining of March. As my parents wanted to book flights to come over for this great event, we made an infopass appointment and were told I was down for a local ceremony on April 18th. That is 2 weeks tomorrow yet I have still not got my N445. Is this usual? I am pressuming I need the N445 to be able to show up?

Thanks in advance; and hoping this will all be over in 14 days and counting!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: N445 - Notice of Oath Date timeline

Originally Posted by latempleton
I was just wondering how much notice others got between receiving their N-445 and the actual Naturalization ceremony date? I interviewed last December, but still hadn't heard anything by the begining of March. As my parents wanted to book flights to come over for this great event, we made an infopass appointment and were told I was down for a local ceremony on April 18th. That is 2 weeks tomorrow yet I have still not got my N445. Is this usual? I am pressuming I need the N445 to be able to show up?

Thanks in advance; and hoping this will all be over in 14 days and counting!
Call your local U.S. District court and they should have a list of people scheduled for oath ceremony.

My interview was done 2/28 and still waiting on N-445 ...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

latempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nice

Originally Posted by abir007
Call your local U.S. District court and they should have a list of people scheduled for oath ceremony. :

Thanks, that's a good idea. Will do that now. Can't be more difficult than getting hold of USCIS!

My interview was done 2/28 and still waiting on N-445 ...
At interview I was told it would be 2-3 weeks for the notice, so 6 weeks later I called. They told me they had 90 days to notify me. After the 90 days I got the infopass; the national phone number officers had no information on me as Pittsburgh had not updated their system at all. It was then they told me the date; but again said I would have the notice at least a month before. Here in WV we only have ceremonies a couple of times a year; so that's why I had a long wait. Good luck and hope you get your notice soon
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

My interview was 3/24, i received N-445 yesterday (4/3) for oath ceremony on 4/24. Even i was amazed at the speed of things.
I'm in NorCal though and am led to believe they are turbo-charged over here when citizenship is involved.

Hang tight, it will turn up.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Call your local U.S. District court and they should have a list of people scheduled for oath ceremony.....
Thank you for the fantastic suggestion. I did call them and got an extremely helpful person. They did not have the list of names either which she said was unusual, so she gave me the direct line to the person in Pittsburgh who could help. Yes, I got straight through to a real person first time!! She told me I had done the right thing as the notices have really been delayed and should have been sent out much earlier. They went in the mail yesterday, and I am indeed on the list for April 18th.

How exciting that this journey is nearly at it's end..........
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

They went in the mail yesterday, and I am indeed on the list for April 18th.
Wonderful news!

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the fantastic suggestion. I did call them and got an extremely helpful person. They did not have the list of names either which she said was unusual, so she gave me the direct line to the person in Pittsburgh who could help. Yes, I got straight through to a real person first time!! She told me I had done the right thing as the notices have really been delayed and should have been sent out much earlier. They went in the mail yesterday, and I am indeed on the list for April 18th.

How exciting that this journey is nearly at it's end..........
Excellent! Glad it was helpful!