N400s being processed quickly??

Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400s being processed quickly??

Hi:

I'm getting ready to file my N400 application, and thought I would check the processing time for NYC. To my surprise the USCIS website says the processing time is only 5 months. Can this be? Maybe I'm a bit out of date but I remember the days of wait times over 2 years!!!

Anyone else had a speedy N400 application recently in NYC?

Thanks!
Pete
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400s being processed quickly??

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hi:

I'm getting ready to file my N400 application, and thought I would check the processing time for NYC. To my surprise the USCIS website says the processing time is only 5 months. Can this be? Maybe I'm a bit out of date but I remember the days of wait times over 2 years!!!

Anyone else had a speedy N400 application recently in NYC?

Thanks!
Pete
Not just NYC, but nation-wide, N-400's seem to have sped up to well under 6 months processing.

My husband became a USC in April 2009 and it took only 5 months from start to finish (in Phoenix).

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

I've been hearing well under 6 months, too. A neighbour made it in just over 4 months last year (also Phoenix). I hope so because I just applied and only have 6 months left on my GC. I really don't want to give the CIS any more money to renew that
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:25 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

It was under 5 months for me just recently. It is pretty quick.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Hello,

same here...

I filed for N-400 in early November- my interview is scheduled for January 13. I am amazed at how fast things are going.

I live in NH and thus cannot speak for NY- but applications seem to be processed really fast for all locations.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:41 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Just over 5 months for me. 3rd December to 14th May

Coming back in to the country yesterday I saw for the first time the all new "USCIS Fingerprint Okey Cokey", very bizarre and complicated.

Not having to do that was worth the money for citizenship alone.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Titchski
Coming back in to the country yesterday I saw for the first time the all new "USCIS Fingerprint Okey Cokey", very bizarre and complicated.
Odd indeed, more so because it seems random. Three entries in the last year, only two of which required fingerprints.

But last time I did comment on how the webcam used to take my photo is the same as one I have at home and the agent shot me the filthiest look, then asked me for the third time how long I'd been out of the country
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket to use after touching that fingerprint scanner

Thanks for all the responses guys!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

People who applied in New York in September had interviews in December and the oath ceremonies seemed to be being scheduled for this month.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...=216210&st=615