N400 please just a yes or no

Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 please just a yes or no

How many people think it is okay to travel after N400 interview but before oath? Please. No where has any one this world has posted FAQ's or n e thing about "travel while N400 in process". Please, the more answere I get, the more comfortable I can feel about making a decision to travel.

If you don't wanna give explaination, I would understand, Just type yes for travel, or No to wait until after oath. Your help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Sarina
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 please just a yes or no

Originally posted by sarina
How many people think it is okay to travel after N400 interview but before oath?
Yes - it is perfectly fine to travel after your interview and before your oath. The day you take your oath, you will be required to fill out a form on which you indicate where you went and how long you were out of the country. It was a non-issue for me when I had my oath ceremony last month. Enjoy your trip.

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:54 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ian-mstm
Yes - it is perfectly fine to travel after your interview and before your oath. The day you take your oath, you will be required to fill out a form on which you indicate where you went and how long you were out of the country. It was a non-issue for me when I had my oath ceremony last month. Enjoy your trip.

Ian
It's fine. We travelled to Canada and returned only a few days before my oath ceremony. Like Ian said, you fill out a form with the information. No problem...
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Why would you think you couldn't travel? Permanent residents are free to travel as they wish. You are a permanent resident until you become a USC at your oath. So, the answer is "YES".

Originally posted by sarina
How many people think it is okay to travel after N400 interview but before oath? Please. No where has any one this world has posted FAQ's or n e thing about "travel while N400 in process". Please, the more answere I get, the more comfortable I can feel about making a decision to travel.

If you don't wanna give explaination, I would understand, Just type yes for travel, or No to wait until after oath. Your help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Sarina