N400 part 7 dates out of USA

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:26 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default N400 part 7 dates out of USA

Hi everyone

I have been browsing through previous posts, but have not noticed anything about what to do about time spent out of the USA, and the dates involved, when you are not certain.

Part 7 A - I could hazard a good guess about total days during the last 5 years - but knowing how precise it is best to be for the Government, it leaves me wondering what to do.

Part 7 C - The same goes here. Although I notice this is since becoming a LPR, which is more recent.

I can get dates via both my passport and my wifes US passport - however, she has not accompanied me every trip; so I have my re-entry dates, but not every departure date.

I am sure someone else has been in the same predicament. What did you do?

Thank you for any ideas
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 part 7 dates out of USA

Estimate to the best of your ability. Put a[*] in biro by those entries where you are not 100% sure, then write "[*] to the best of my recollection" close to the table.

Won't be a big deal if you're nowhere close to the critical periods of time out.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:37 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Ok thanks Fatbrit

I was wondering if it was one of those 100% accurate things, or best estimate.

I am nowhere near the limits for time out of USA - so I shall use your tip

cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 10:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Ok thanks Fatbrit

cheers
Estimate over if you're nowhere near the problem area. For example, if you remember you had 2 or 3 weeks in Blighty during the summer of 2007, give it 21 days rather than 14.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks Fatbrit

cheers
We did precisely what FB recommended...it wasn't a problem and the subject never came up at our interview.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying as a spouse of a US citizen it is only necessary to list trips from the last 3 years.
Just substitute 3 where it says 5.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

ianehewitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Norri's advice seems solid, and that had not occured to me. I am in the process of completing the same form and I can't remember the exact dates either.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:54 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Norri
If you are applying as a spouse of a US citizen it is only necessary to list trips from the last 3 years.
Just substitute 3 where it says 5.

I have a feeling the OP may be able to claim either 5 or 3 (he's an old, old member of this board!). In such a case, the 5-year application actually requires fewer proofs than the 3-year special.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:17 am
Wabbit Lord

Hey,

I'm not THAT old!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:23 am
Septicity

Hey,

I'm not THAT old!
Well nobody's that old except Ray!

So are you going for the 3 or 5 year deal on the N400?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:25 am
Wabbit Lord

Ive been in the USA nearly 5 and a half years now.

Ive been an LPR for 3 and a half years now - so I shall do it for 3 years

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:26 am
Septicity

Ive been in the USA nearly 5 and a half years now.

Ive been an LPR for 3 and a half years now - so I shall do it for 3 years

Sounds good!