Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Interview next week - questions

N400 Interview next week - questions

Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Interview next week - questions

Originally Posted by civilservant
The letter is significantly better than the 'speech' that is played after being sworn in.

Quite why the director though showing Trump in profile, with all his chins on full display, was a good idea, I don't know.

They played that video in LA at my oath ceremony in December, I thought it was terrible!
Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:21 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Got another USCIS txt and email today, it was obviously issued before today because I was handed it on the 7th.

“Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Decision

On June 11, 2019, we issued your Certificate of Naturalization for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number”

Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:23 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, my update was issued on the monday following my ceremony... when it was already safely tucked in a drawer
Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:45 am
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, my update was issued on the monday following my ceremony... when it was already safely tucked in a drawer
you did not apply for a passport? I signed mine, took a picture and gave it to the passport acceptance person within 15 mins of having it in hand, so won’t see it again for 2 weeks....
Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:53 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I have not yet, I have no plans to travel anywhere for the foreseeable future.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 8:25 pm
tht

I have not yet, I have no plans to travel anywhere for the foreseeable future.
Oh wow, I just assumed most immigrants would get a US passport right away. I guess for emergency travel you can get one in 72h, but between work and family back in Europe and the UK I can’t imagine being without a current passport. Most people at my ceremony seems to be applying for passports right afterwards.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 8:31 pm
Often not so civil...

I have not been home in 6 years, I don't intend to return to the UK at any point. My mother is emigrating to be with my sister in Australia, and I don't plan to go there either

There's so much to see and do in the US, travel abroad is on the back burner for right now.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't need my US passport immediately, but figured it was as good a proof of US Citizenship as the Naturalization certificate. I believe it costs $500+ to obtain a replacement certificate. It seemed the passport was good insurance even if no travel plans.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:51 pm
tht

Originally Posted by chawkins99
I didn't need my US passport immediately, but figured it was as good a proof of US Citizenship as the Naturalization certificate. I believe it costs $500+ to obtain a replacement certificate. It seemed the passport was good insurance even if no travel plans.
I added the $30 passport card for a similar reason. Would not use it for domestic travel (since DL is also real ID) and would never leave the country without a real passport, but useful if I need something to prove I am USC locally and may work as a backup to the passport. Despite all the advice, I have seen a USC entering at the boarder with a foreign passport and Naturalization certificate (although from what I overheard that was his primary method not backup, and he had been warned multiple times).

I guess it’s just foreign to me to not have valid passports for travel available. Before I went to have my L1a stamped I got a second UK passport and actually ended up traveling the day after leaving passport for about a week. In the last few years I have had to travel with less than 24h notice for work (staff resigned in SIN) and also for my grandfathers funeral and one of my brothers who had a “surprise” wedding with about 2 days notice to family. But I guess if you know there is no way you could travel the $0.04 or so saving a day would add up to nearly $15 a year in savings.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 2:51 pm
tht

US passport book arrived this AM in the mail, just less than 2 weeks after the oath ceremony, so the N-550 should be back on its way soon as well. Feels a lot more real now with a passport in hand since thats document you actually use. Now to update Global Entry.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 7:18 pm
tht

Originally Posted by tht
US passport book arrived this AM in the mail, just less than 2 weeks after the oath ceremony, so the N-550 should be back on its way soon as well. Feels a lot more real now with a passport in hand since thats document you actually use. Now to update Global Entry.
Passport card arrived on the 22nd, now just waiting for the Naturalization certificate to come back in the mail.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 8:09 pm
tht

Originally Posted by tht

Passport card arrived on the 22nd, now just waiting for the Naturalization certificate to come back in the mail.
Certificate came back today on the 26th via regular mail, took a scan and now it can get locked away in the fire safe.

Last edited by tht; Jun 26th 2019 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2019, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tht
Did you pay for an expedited passport? 2 weeks sounds quick given the 6-8 week range they show in the website.
Old Jul 11th 2019, 7:15 pm
tht

Originally Posted by Gooner26

Did you pay for an expedited passport? 2 weeks sounds quick given the 6-8 week range they show in the website.
Yes $235 total including the passport card. Could not risk being without for 2 months. I have previously always done same day renewal in London for the UK ones, had no trip planned and sent my UK one by ups that was a similar time frame and no extra fee.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 5:49 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Certificate came back today on the 26th via regular mail, took a scan and now it can get locked away in the fire safe.
Is scanning it ok to do? They made sure to inform us at the oath that copying and even laminating the certificate was considered illegal unless it was for the purpose of getting a passport or other federal use. I'm not sure what use having a copy would have if by simply presenting the copy you're showing you broke the law.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.